What's new

Tech - Kotal Kahn Best followups after grab

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
As we all know, Kotal probably has one of the best vanilla grabs in the game. The advantage it leaves us at is amazing and even though it leaves us full screen, Kotals run speed is more than enough to maintain pressure. What is everyone's go to gameplan after grab?

My favorite followup is DF3 {chase} F1B2 {Combo}

The sword blockstun is enough to force your opponent to eat more chip damage or MB a special to not get hit. I have yet to find a non MB move that can beat out the F1B2. Even Reptile slide cant beat it. Backdash and neutral jump gets hit and launched by the B2 part of the F1B2. Forward Jumping the sword can beat it but the timing window is pretty tight and the B2 will still surprisingly anti air alot of the jumps that make it over the sword anyway.

In addition, most wakeup attacks after the grab get flat out hit by the sword. Aside from wakeup teleports and a few upward wakeups like Kano up Ball. Most wakeup projectiles just trade (Which I dont mind in most cases).

You can also loop it over and over against stupid players and certain characters if they have no meter. You would be surprised the dumbshit people will do trying to get out. Most people will just Break the grabs after a round or 2 of course but that only works in our favor as it conditions people to let go of block.

DoctorSexual

Been having a lot of success with this lately. Have noticed lately that in longer sets smart players will block the F1B2 and just punish. Stopping after the F1 and going straight into grab works really well as a respect tool and resets the situation.

DoctorSexual

Does nobody else have tactics they like after grab? We all know db3 works pretty well if timed right and that you can safely get sunbeam out but is there anything else that people find particularly effective?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Run up and start out with the B1 for the mixup because you can follow with an immediate low or overhead. I play Sun God, so I can follow either with his Sun Throw. If you play War God, you can get into his juggles. If you play Blood God, you can meter burn his disc to make it safe even if they block it correctly.