What's new

Best and Worst Matchups: Sektor

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm attempting to gather good information for my "How to Defeat Any Character" thread. You're going to see this exact post in each of the character threads. If you would like to share your information, ideas, and comments please stick to the format outlined below. This will help speed up the process of rooting out the pertinent information and putting it to good use. Thanks for your support!

*The information in the example post was written off the top of my head and not meant at all to convey actual match information. It serves only as a guide to influence future posts.

Post Format (based on Kano):

Best Matchup: Kano's best matchup is probably against Quan Chi. Quan Chi's 1 wakeup attack, the Sky Drop, just isn't able to break up Kano's awesome offensive game. Kano can keep him at range with zoning tactics that have enough recovery to block and punish the Sky Drop. Quan Chi should be unable to control almost any aspect of a match with Kano.

Worst Matchup: Kano's worst matchup is definitely against Sub-Zero. Ice Clone completely nullifies Kano's Air Ball, and with no teleport Kano can have a very difficult time getting in to inflict decent damage. His only real option is to hang back and zone with Knives hoping to bait and punish Sub-Zero's slide. However, since his Knives can be crouched completely, if Sub-Zero has the damage advantage he can just run down the clock to force Kano to come to him.

Best match up: Kenshi or Liu Kang.

Kenshi because of the fact that his projectiles don't trade in his favor, with the rocket being 8 and if the Kendshi is lucky a 4. While that alone, Sektor's up missile's can't be reflected back which can cause a Kenshi to get into the mix and trade combos, in which Sektor holds a slight speed advantage over him and with the b1 poke it can reset the whole situation.

Liu Kang, now this match up isn't as dominate as Sektor over Kenshi but it's pretty much in his court to lose. Sektor's best way to win is to get space and frustrate a Liu Kang with KDs and flame. Really the only thing favorable in Liu Kang's favor is his ability to eat projectiles with his EX kick but Kang without meter makes him easy target practice for the rockets and flame. Also this and a lot of Sektor's match up against non-teleporters involves flame, lots and lots of flame.

Worse match up: Smoke or Kung Lao

Smoke is easily one of the most frustrating match ups for Sektor due to his ability to parry projectiles, teleport on start up pokes (b2, b1) and his smoke having the ability to destroy Sektor's EX TU wake up. This match up is horrid due to the fact that you have to get in there and trade with Smoke and Smoke's teleport is faster than Sektor's Stance which practically eliminates any instant overhead to a knowledgeable opponent.

Kung Lao is another beast. Kung Lao's dive kick has a quicker start up than Sektor's flame which can cause huge problems trying to predict the AA, aside from that his instant air teleport can cause a zoning Sektor to get torn open with a huge ground bounce combo due to the teleport coming from behind and the game's few times of not autocorrecting. So really in the air Lao can practically defeat Sektor's zoning. Now up close Lao is a beast, his pressure strings are godlike compared to Sektor since the only thing Sektor can do is d3 (if even close enough) or the 2 1 string (which still has a slow start up). Really Lao just has to do his 11 or 21 hat and Sektor is in a World of pain since all his distancing normals have slow start up and jumping out is insane since all Lao has to do is hat spin Sektor into a 20% + combo.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter

Kenshi because of the fact that his projectiles don't trade in his favor, with the rocket being 8 and if the Kendshi is lucky a 4. While that alone, Sektor's up missile's can't be reflected back which can cause a Kenshi to get into the mix and trade combos, in which Sektor holds a slight speed advantage over him and with the b1 poke it can reset the whole situation.

Liu Kang, now this match up isn't as dominate as Sektor over Kenshi but it's pretty much in his court to lose. Sektor's best way to win is to get space and frustrate a Liu Kang with KDs and flame. Really the only thing favorable in Liu Kang's favor is his ability to eat projectiles with his EX kick but Kang without meter makes him easy target practice for the rockets and flame. Also this and a lot of Sektor's match up against non-teleporters involves flame, lots and lots of flame.

Smoke is easily one of the most frustrating match ups for Sektor due to his ability to parry projectiles, teleport on start up pokes (b2, b1) and his smoke having the ability to destroy Sektor's EX TU wake up. This match up is horrid due to the fact that you have to get in there and trade with Smoke and Smoke's teleport is faster than Sektor's Stance which practically eliminates any instant overhead to a knowledgeable opponent.

Kung Lao is another beast. Kung Lao's dive kick has a quicker start up than Sektor's flame which can cause huge problems trying to predict the AA, aside from that his instant air teleport can cause a zoning Sektor to get torn open with a huge ground bounce combo due to the teleport coming from behind and the game's few times of not autocorrecting. So really in the air Lao can practically defeat Sektor's zoning. Now up close Lao is a beast, his pressure strings are godlike compared to Sektor since the only thing Sektor can do is d3 (if even close enough) or the 2 1 string (which still has a slow start up). Really Lao just has to do his 11 or 21 hat and Sektor is in a World of pain since all his distancing normals have slow start up and jumping out is insane since all Lao has to do is hat spin Sektor into a 20% + combo.
That was one of the most useful posts I have seen on TYM! Thanks you TheTrillz!

Robotic

Gentleman.

Good shit trillz. Wheres theres smoke theres a robot shitting his pants. I hate smoke :D

Good shit trillz. Wheres theres smoke theres a robot shitting his pants. I hate smoke :D
Yeah I also forgot to include that Smoke controls the air. Either his teleport or his throw can beat a jumping Sektor, which eliminates any jumpin pressure.

Also I practically copy pasted the Kenshi match up from you man :bigsmile:. I remember getting frustrated by Kenshi reflecting my rockets and saw your post for up rockets and tried it. Lets just say I love playing against Kenshi.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah I also forgot to include that Smoke controls the air. Either his teleport or his throw can beat a jumping Sektor, which eliminates any jumpin pressure.

Also I practically copy pasted the Kenshi match up from you man :bigsmile:. I remember getting frustrated by Kenshi reflecting my rockets and saw your post for up rockets and tried it. Lets just say I love playing against Kenshi.
I definitely need more Kenshi info. After reviewing his information I can't figure out how he's supposed to be beaten...

JkOC

Noob

Totally agree, even if you get a lead on Kung lao it can diappear in an instant with one mistake, good stuff.