What's new

Best alt for Grandy mains

Mannee

Noob
So i would like to pick up an alt character for some terrible MUs, pls dont sugest AM, Superman or something along those lines, Id like something that not so many people use.. NW would be ok i guess but im open to sugestions.
Thanks in advance guys.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
As in you don't want to play top tier? Like MMH I guess. But really either Superman or Adam and you'd have to learn the mirror with one of them.

EDIT: I'd definitely wait until after the patch though, just grind out the match ups for a couple weeks. You'll lose but it'll be worth it if they're nerfed significantly enough. You might not even need a secondary.

Mannee

Noob
Honestly i have a lot more trouble with rush down characters like batman or batgirl then BA for example.
Expecialy online where d2, 11xx 4 (the 4 dosent seem to conect consistenly).. not even gonna say superman cause that would just be stupid.

edit: a little of topic but a little help with heavy rush down characters would be nice too, and i dont face a lot of MMH so have no idea what to do so i'll just let then bodie me then go to the lab lol

Mannee

Noob
As in you don't want to play top tier? Like MMH I guess. But really either Superman or Adam and you'd have to learn the mirror with one of them.

EDIT: I'd definitely wait until after the patch though, just grind out the match ups for a couple weeks. You'll lose but it'll be worth it if they're nerfed significantly enough. You might not even need a secondary.
I dont mind playing top tier, maybe i was unclear about what characters i have trouble with in the OP, sorry about that and for double post.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
martian manhunter , accept no substitutes he complements grundy fantastically
martian beats gl ba and supes , grundy beats aquaman and can fight batman

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
No.... Black Adam Aquaman and Supes don't even have losing matchups. Batman beats grundy
i dunno , i know grundy loses to bats but not by much imo
i feel martian has the tools to beat supes and bladam , ill just have to wait for REO to prove me right ;)

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
So i would like to pick up an alt character for some terrible MUs, pls dont sugest AM, Superman or something along those lines, Id like something that not so many people use.. NW would be ok i guess but im open to sugestions.
Thanks in advance guys.

I think grundy's worst matchups are Black Adam and Superman, those are like 3-7 or 2-8 matchups. But every other character that beats grundy is only 4-6, so they are manageable.

Basically that means you need to pick up a secondary that can fight Black Adam and Superman. But, after the patch those two characters are getting nerfed hard anyways, so you might not need a secondary. If you really want one I might suggest Batgirl? She beats alot zoning characters that you might find annoying for grundy, and she also stands up decently to Black Adam and Supes

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
superman is by far his worst matchup. I can have trait up almost the whole match and he can't do anything and if don't I can run and zone for a bit until I get it back it makes me feel like huge butthole when I play grundy players

#nerfsupermanbutonlyaliltinybit

Mannee

Noob
so you guys dont have any problems against heavy rush down characters? caus a have a really hard time getting out of pressure with grundy, worse then zoning characters.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
so you guys dont have any problems against heavy rush down characters? caus a have a really hard time getting out of pressure with grundy, worse then zoning characters.

No, when I'm using grundy I WANT my opponent to be next to me the whole match lol. I feel like when people fight grundy they want to stay as far away from him as possible at all times, not rush him down

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
No, when I'm using grundy I WANT my opponent to be next to me the whole match lol. I feel like when people fight grundy they want to stay as far away from him as possible at all times, not rush him down
Unless they are top tier lmfao. Oh wait

TOP TIER CAN DO BOTH >_< THIS GAME

Espio

Kokomo
Hawkgirl does well versus Batman, Black Adam and Superman, some of Grundy's harder match ups.

Maritan Manhunter and Wonder Woman would also be really good picks imo.