What's new

Before 3rd Variations Are Added Can NRS Fix Buffs/Debuffs?

With third variations coming in a somewhat near future I'm hoping NRS evaluates how temporary buffs and debuffs interact with Krushing Blows. In case you're unaware - all on screen/targeted effects (baraka flag, raijin quick charge, etc.) and bleed/ground effects (Skarlet's 2 bleed KBs) completely disappear on any cinematic effect activating.

I play Skarlet and shes one of the few characters with a potentially interesting third variation that consists of nothing but buffs and debuffs. It would suck to purposefully never use a Krushing Blow to not lose the buffs/bleeds I've earned.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Toruko61

Noob
i hate variations. didn´t like them in mkx and like the current iteration even less.

they should pick all well-designed skills and put them in one variation to make the character well rounded. a few twists here and there to the specials would add the lost "depth" back.

obviously multiple variations don´t work. there will always be a cookie cutter variation and nrs will never be able to balance every skill/variation.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
This is particularly dumb with Kotal totems I think. You only get the damage buff on the first 2 hits which is the 'into' attack

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
With third variations coming in a somewhat near future I'm hoping NRS evaluates how temporary buffs and debuffs interact with Krushing Blows. In case you're unaware - all on screen/targeted effects (baraka flag, raijin quick charge, etc.) and bleed/ground effects (Skarlet's 2 bleed KBs) completely disappear on any cinematic effect activating.

I play Skarlet and shes one of the few characters with a potentially interesting third variation that consists of nothing but buffs and debuffs. It would suck to purposefully never use a Krushing Blow to not lose the buffs/bleeds I've earned.

Thoughts?
Always thought this was by design.

Imagine baraka getting full damage boost after a 122kb for rest of the combo, be absurd damage and im a baraka player saying this

Always thought this was by design.

Imagine baraka getting full damage boost after a 122kb for rest of the combo, be absurd damage and im a baraka player saying this
I'd be ok with this. You took the flag set-up over a damage/oki ender and opened your opponent up in the short flag window shortly after. I think you deserve the extra damage flag would give you on a 122 KB.