What's new

BAYB rates every Mortal Kombat 11 Fatality

BackAtYouBro

Your name means dung heap in my tongue!
Hello everyone! I’m BackAtYouBro (or BAYB for short) and I’m here to rate every fatality in Mortal Kombat 11! This game without a doubt has provided us some of the most gruesome and brutal fatalities to date and rating all 50 of them. I am pulling a slight Max by making them being rated out of 10 with 10 being the most brutal flesh-like eye candy I’ve witnessed before me while a 1 means the fatality was a light tap that shouldn’t have even killed the opponent. I will then offer my final thoughts on the fatality and move on to the next. Every kharacter in the game will be placed in alphabetical order. Disclaimer: this is clearly a very subjective rate so don’t go on a road rage and run over a cute pack of puppies on the street just because I dislike a fatality that you praise to the heavens as much as Black Manta is dedicated to talk about his dead father. Now without further ado, let the rate begin!

Baraka

Food for Thought:
Well damn the list is already starting of with a high note! Despite this being the first fatality presented for the game, it still holds as one of the better ways to kill your opponent in the game. Tarkatans are some hungry fuckers so it doesn’t leave much to the imagination that Baraka would aim for juiciest meat of them all: the brain. The fatality has a solid slow mo at the beginning as Baraka proceeds to tear off his opponent’s skin into the final shot of him finally gnawing away at some delectable cranial matter.

My rating: 9/10 Tastes like chicken.

Rock, Paper,: I’ve never really felt it with this fatality. Baraka’s still being a mean son of a bitch with his mutilating but it just doesn’t have any massive moment of impact. Baraka’s just thirsty for the head once more but it’s a two for one.

My rating: 6/10 Roshambo is more brutal.

Cassie Cage

I <3 U:
Cassie sends her love and regards with this one. It lands the comedy stunningly with its end shot while also has a decent build up. It nails all the main aspects to make it a pretty damn good and strong fatality. None of Cassie’s fatalities is ever topping the Selfie fatality but this is a pretty close contender.

My rating: 9/10 Makes me lovesick.

#GirlPower: This is exactly what a kick to the balls feels like. I’m not really fond of fatalities that involve guns since it’s one of the most generic ways to kill your opponent, but Cassie cleverly fired around the opponent’s midsection to open up holes in their skin to prepare for the climax.

My rating: 8/10 Kano got off easy in the Story Mode.

Cetrion:

Maintaining Balance:
Fake hypocritical bitch Cetrion makes the Last Airbender eat their heart out. This is a really solid fatality that demonstrates her control of the elements. Through torrenting your face off and then cooking some solid chicken legs, the whole fatality from beginning to end is smooth. Also style points for that back arch at the beginning.

My Rating: 8/10 Ness Side B Spam

Good and Evil: Cetrion pulls some Asura’s Wrath shit here and smites all the sinners. As goofy and impractical as this fatality is, I personally enjoy it. I feel like this is a fatality where you either love it or hate it, and I love it. It does have its problems as logically it makes no sense why Cetrion is even fighting her combatants when she can straight up embiggen herself and eradicate her opponent with little effort and the first few hits felt weak before she really grew, but it’s a silly fatality and I’m more of a sucker for these kinds of odd strategies of killing your opponent (as long as it’s not some Quan Chi giraffe neck shit).

My Rating: 7/10 Imma firin’ my lasahh!

D’Vorah:

New Species:
After seeing this fatality, I’m led to believe that Mileena got off easy. Unanimously, we can all agree that this is without a doubt one of the best fatalities in the game. It perfectly encaptures D’Vorah’s personality, it’s brutal, it matches every beat, and it’s just goddamn disgusting. Just don’t eat D’Vorah’s protein bugs (Kotal was munching on that shit though).

My Rating: 10/10 The Thing on cocaine.

Can’t Die: It’s somewhat brutal but it just doesn’t land as well as Geras’s Skin Peeler. It just feels so much weaker and faster along with the end shot being ok but overall just meh. It’s definitely not a terrible fatality but it’s not amazing.

My Rating: 6/10 Your skin is mine!

Erron Black:

Melted:
Erron Black makes you drop acid, literally. This fatality just feels uninspired and is a grim reminder of Reptile not being in this game. The end shot is ok but there’s just not impact to this fatality and feels like the same create death trap for opponent and force them into it. Better than Erron just shooting his opponent.

My Rating: 3/10 Deadly Alliance Reptile looked better than this shit.

Death Trap: Do my eyes deceive me??! Is that a good Erron Black fatality??! The beginning is ridiculous with the bear trap but it’s executed really well to the next action and as I’ve said before I enjoy some ridiculousness in my fatalities. Erron thrusting is shotgun into the opponent’s insides (kinky) and then blowing their brains out was enhanced really nicely with some solid camera angles.

My Rating: 8/10 Bear Hugged

Frost:

Ice Sculpture:
Ice Picasso Frost uses your guts and skin to sculpt abstract sculptures. It’s brutal to see her drill into the opponent’s body and then implanting a bomb. Not much to say other than it’s a fine fatality.

My Rating: 8/10 Make art! It’s fun!

The Cyber Initiative: The lore is strong with this one. It also shows us possibly how the cyberization process functions. Without the Cyber Lin Kuei soldier starting up at the end, this would be one of the weaker fatalities but the storytelling involved in this finisher makes it stand out among the crowd.

My Rating: 9/10 Remember Olaf? This is him now. Feel old yet?

Geras:

Phasing Through Time:
Punch, punch, dead. A weak fatality that only somewhat utilizes Geras’s teleportation abilities (when teleportation is everywhere in Mortal Kombat). The only saving grace here is the end shot with the brain lying between a split head.

My Rating: 4/10 Malcolm in the Middle

Peeling Back: The only problem with this fatality is the victim not being slammed into the sand wall hard enough. Other than that, this fatality slaps. It’s gruesome and this fatality is even more impactful when you notice the fear on some characters’ eyes as they face an unjustly end. Words cannot express how shocking and gut wrenching NRS’s god tier facial expressions can be in some of these fatalities.

My Rating: 9/10 You look prettier on the inside ;)

Jacqui Briggs:

Spider Mines:
Yeah this fatality is just bad. This is in my opinion, the worst fatality in this game. It’s fast but not meaningful, it doesn’t use explosives well like numerous other fatalities, and it just feels unsatisfying. At least Melted had some aspects of gore and an alright end shot but this one just feels lame as all hell.

My Rating: 2/10 I really mined how shit this is.

Nothing But Neck: I’m a little more keen on fatalities that immediately kill your opponent and then just finesse on the corpse. Nothing wrong with a fatality being over-the-top and this one takes virtue is savoring the death of their opponent. It was a fun twist on using Jacqui’s barriers and the end shot also was gruesome showing a still beating heart on the other side. Jacqui also gets style points for her graceful throw.

My Rating: 9/10 You built a barrier around my heart!

Jade:

Bow Before Me:
This fatality is stupidly illogical. How is Jade’s staff, a flashy but blunt weapon, cutting through limbs like Play-Doh? It makes no sense why they wouldn’t just let Jade use her glaive to dice up her enemies. It doesn’t help that this fatality is quick as all hell and my biggest issues with faster fatalities is that most feel unsatisfying. You need an immense amount of gore or some solid comedy or storytelling to really sell a faster fatality, and this one fails in all 3.

My Rating: 4/10 Polled in a new direction.

Pole Dance: I’m certain everyone wanted to see Jade pole dance, but this is fine as well. This fatality does a solid job humiliating your opponent by taking them for a spin on the staff. It’s a comedic and decent fatality. Jade sounds like a fake enough of a character to just humor herself like this.

My Rating: 8/10 This is Kombat not a stripper bar!

Jax Briggs:

Coming In Hot:
This fatality has some damn nice impact. Other than that, not much is going on. Jax just Saitama’s his opponent to show he’s the og S rank. That punch sells the fatality but it just doesn’t do enough for me before the punch to make it spectacular.

My Rating: 7/10 One punch is all I need.

Still Got It: This fatality was already hilarious but then the baseball music played and that straight sold me. This fatality oozes humor throughout the entirety of it and shows how much Jax kicks ass in this game. Knocking the skin off the body makes this even more crazy.

My Rating: 10/10 It’s out of the park!

Johnny Cage:

Mr. Cage’s Neighborhood:
NRS was that dedicated to create multiple lines of dialogues for this fatality. This fatality perfectly fits into Johnny’s douchebag attitude and encaptures comedy in fatalities. It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood!

My Rating: 10/10 Stand Up Comedy has never been so divided!

Who Hired This Guy: What the FUCK! The censorship there almost placed this fatality in 9 territory crazy as it seems but between the Easter Eggs and loss of realism that swarm the movie set, this just reaches a 10. Leave it to Johnny to still be a lovable asshole.

My Rating: 10/10 Censorship in MY Mortal Kombat? I cannot let this slide!

Kabal:

Road Rush: Kabal using the exact same speed shenanigans that The Flash has in Injustice. It hits every aspect and I like it. It’s brutal, creatively and effectively kills the opponent and uses Kabal’s key trait of Speed.

My Rating: 9/10 How’s your mother Barry?

Hooked: Once more the facial expressions are killing it in this game. We once again see some tear dropping fear in the victim’s eyes before Kabal silences them for good. Kabal prevents his opponent from escaping as well when he cuts off their feet. This is a brutal and depressing fatality that shows just how ruthless Kabal is. Props to the sound effects as well.

My Rating: 9/10 Hooked on a Feeling

Kano:

Last Dance:
This fatality is ridiculous but hilarious. It is the least brutal fatality of them all but Kano just being a sadistic little shit is what gives this fatality such a high rating. Dancing with the opponent’s corpse is something we have not yet seen in Mortal Kombat and Kano must be enjoying all that blood gushing on his face. Makes you almost want to taste his blood sausage.

My Rating: 9/10 Dancing Through Life (and Death)

Face Like a Dropped Pie: This fatality on the other hand is just plain and boring. It reminds me of Johnny’s Improvise fatality from MKX but without the slight nudge of comedy behind it. The slamming of Kano’s head into the opponent can be pretty rough but other than that, it’s a dull fatality even by Kano’s standards.

My Rating: 5/10 You face death!

Kitana:

Gore-Nado:
Kitana has a common shtick or killing her opponent elegantly. It’s not so elegant when her pretty blue tornado gets coated in entrails but I don’t judge her princess habits. The fatality doesn’t really do anything special but I do find the sound effects to give it more oomph. Kitana has never really had any spectacular fatalities and this is no exception. Her gracefulness when killing her opponents is what prevents her from having terrible fatalities at least.

My Rating: 7/10 The Tilta-Whirl

Royal Execution: This is better than Gore-Nado but it’s not too great of a fatality to be bumped up to an 8. Kitana does finesse on the opponent but the fans holding up the various body sections didn’t leave any impact. It has a clear end shot and a fun little kick of the fan hilt into the opponent’s face but it just lacks the strength and riveting power of a great fatality.

My Rating: 7/10 The Lazy Susan of fatalities.

Kollector:

For the Kollection:
It’s Mileena’s fatality, but Kollector just wants your guts and he isn’t some flesh thirsty hoe. It’s not terrible but it’s not a spectacular fatality. The end shot is pretty weak as Kollector’s just slamming all his arms into his opponent which feels nothing but forced. The fatality just doesn’t work as well when Kollector immediately kills his opponent when he snatches the opponent’s heart while Mileena’s is more brutal since the opponent still crawls away alive for a second until they fall over and die.

My Rating: 7/10 Would you like to be an organ donor?

Head Lantern: This end shot is much more solid and fun. Kollector cutting half of the opponent only to leave them as target practice is sadistic. This fatality isn’t the best of the best but I gotta hand it to Kollector for having fun while popping his opponent’s eyes out.

My Rating: 8/10 Do I win a prize?

Kotal Kahn:

Totem Sacrifice:
This fatality feels so special and sacred. The beginning is brutal when Kotal pops his opponent’s head out on the altar but then the skull totem makes it all the more goofy. It makes sense for Kotal to make some sort of honorable execution to his opponent by placing their head in between a totem. The eyeballs flying out on the end shot is a nice touch as well.

My Rating: 8/10 What an eye popper!

Kat Food: Oh look! It’s an animality! I really love this fatality. Its chain of events are built up perfectly. With the beginning where he tears open the opponent’s chest and then transforms to eat away at their body and then bite down their heart. And I’ve got to say, Kotal transforming into a jaguar is the most badass ability in all of Mortal Kombat 11. The end shot of him using the opposition’s heart as a chew toy is satisfying. This only shows me that animalities in modern Mortal Kombat would probably be the most badass ways to kill your opponent yet.

My Rating: 10/10 It’s the Circle of Life!

Kung Lao:

Headed Nowhere:
Another finesse on your already dead opponent. This fatality just feels really forgetful to me. It feels like a worse version of Kung Lao’s one MKX fatality where he turns his opponent into a meat flower. Never felt anything spectacular with this fatality but it is cute that the end shot is the flying head of your opponent wearing Kung Lao’s hat.

My Rating: 7/10 Hats off for this mediocrity!

Meat Slicer: I laughed a lot harder than I thought I would when I first saw this fatality. Kung Lao just seems like the kind of guy to nonchalantly spin his opponent like a little bitch into his hat. The comedy is there and it fits how much of a douche Kung Lao is with his egocentric personality. The end shot’s kinda mediocre but the rest of the fatality is excellent.

My Rating: 9/10 Imma take you for a ride!

Liu Kang:

Burn Out:
Nani?! I like this fatality but it’s not the best. The reference here improves this fatality even more. What keeps it from being a 9 is how swift the finisher is. Liu Kang’s got some fun fatalities with his fists though.

My Rating: 8/10 You’re already dead.

Belly of the Beast: I love me a good finesse fatality. Liu Kang’s nunchucks appearing from the 3D Era was an amazing addition. Liu Kang smacking up some body parts with them is pretty stylish. Liu Kang shows just how honorable he is when it comes to his fatalities. He gets shit done in his finishers.

My Rating: 9/10 The deadly art of the nunchaku!

Noob Saibot:

Double Trouble:
Insert your “You’ve Got A Friend In Me,” jokes here. Noob loves having some gore filled fatalities. His jimmies are shaking over Kuai Liang being a good boy so he expresses his anger through forming clones and splitting ends. This is also one of the best fatalities in the game with how gruesome the clone shoots right out of the opponent. The Make A Wish Foundation couldn’t be prouder.

My Rating: 10/10 How it feels to chew 5 gum.

Split Decision: It’s a fine use of Noob’s wormholes but I’m not exactly feeling it. It contends with all the other skin ripping fatalities but it just also feels like it lacks some grit to it.

My Rating: 7/10 Stretched to your limits.

Raiden:

Alternating Current:
A boring and plain fatality. Raiden gets a little creative by holding up the opponent’s limbs with his lightning but it’s just a bland fatality with no taste behind it. The end shot is fucking pathetic. I can say that this fatality has the worst end shot of the whole game.

My Rating: 4/10 This circuitry sucks!

Direct Current: Ah yes a good Raiden fatality. This fatality looks so much more badass if you’re using Dark Raiden. Raiden is merciless as fuck here and the sound effect of him ripping your torso up after slicing it through is nasty and appropriate. I think it would’ve been far better if Raiden made the opponent’s head explode at the end but the snapping it in two still suffices.

My Rating: 8/10 Thunderclap

Scorpion:

You’re Next:
Unlike most people, I’m not really feeling it with this fatality. Scorpion seems to go through a trend of attacking the midsection than the head. The similarities are so glaring between this one and he other one he had in MKX. The problem with these fatalities is that their actions match poorly. It feels unsatisfying that Scorpion would attack the midsection only to not aim for it even more and makes these actions inorganic. It’s a brutal fatality, but I felt this fatality to be lacking substance.

My Rating: 6/10 Thank U, Next

Chain Reaction: This fatality is well shot, like REALLY well shot. Scorpion going to hell and back to kill his opponent shows some dedication on his part. This is one of the better fatalities in the game considering we see the pain the opponent is in as they arch their back.

My Rating: 9/10 What goes around comes back around!

Shao Kahn

Back Blown Out:
Yeah not really feeling it with this one. We see that it’s obvious that Shao Kahn is Outworld’s one and only pro golfer. But the actions just feel boring and the suspense is portly built up in this fatality. It’s somewhat funny but it isn’t amazing.

My Rating: 6/10 They really pulled this idea out of their ass.

Kahn-Sequences: Meh Shao Kahn’s fatalities seem to be matching his viability in this game. They just aren’t amazing and I would expect the Konquerer to have far more brutal fatalities considering how ruthless he is. He just spears your top body in you. It’s nothing special or interesting.

My Rating: 7/10 Speared and Skewered

Skarlett:

Bloody Mess:
Skarlett‘s thirsty for some tomato juice. This fatality is disgusting and brutal. Sucking away at your opponent’s blood, hardening it, and then stabbing them with it? Goddamn. The end shot is also looking pretty clean. The blood loss on your opponent guarantees a painful death.

My Rating: 8/10 Bloody Stool

Heart Condition: The close shot is cool on the heart but other than that, ehh. If you think about this fatality more, it’s actually seriously brutal. It just doesn’t have the power or suspense of many fatalities in this game. I’m afraid that this fatality is just a pile of piss.

My Rating: 5/10 And on the seventh beat, Skarlett killed the man.

Sonya Blade:

To the Choppa:
Another impractical fatality. I think this one is goofy but it’s not matching Cetrion’s Good and Evil fatality. I’ve never been a fan on how Sonya is always relying on others to kill her opponents. I had that same problem in MKX but much worse as she just over relied on her drone. This fatality gives me similar feelings but this is much better than that crap in the last game.

My Rating: 7/10 Shoot to kill and slice em dice em.

Supply Drop: Now I sound like a hypocrite. The camera angles and shots in this fatality is what really makes it. I know that Sonya is once again relying on her toys but she really kicks the shit out of her opponent. You see your opponent’s smashed in face before they are shot and that’s some real shit. It’s just brutal as all hell.

My Rating: 9/10 Say hello to my little friend!

Sub-Zero:

Ice-Cutioner:
Uhh I freaking love Sub-Zero’s fatalities in this game. Sub-Zero giving the guillotine after their opponent is frozen in horror (and in ice) looks dope as hell. But the finesse that Sub-Zero performs at the end where he freezes and then smashes his opponent’s face is some awesome shit.

My Rating: 9/10 Just looking for some ice cubes.

Frozen in Time: Jesus I’m biased as fuck for Sub-Zero aren’t I? I find this to be one of the best fatalities in the game. It’s such a well done twist to Sub-Zero’s classic head ripper. It’s also a great use of his powers and forming an ice clone to subdue his opponent. I just can’t stop talking about how much a love this fatality. Opponent being stabbed twice is dope with the eyeball popping out at the end.

My Rating: 10/10 Pin the head on the ice sculpture.

So that’s the end of my ratings! I’m well aware that my opinions may slightly differ from yours but I had a lot of fun creating this post and the ratings! I do promise to make a return and rate every DLC characters’ fatalities once they all drop. What would your ratings be?

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
D'Vorah's, Kano's, and Kotal's are best.

I disagree strongly with you on Erron's, the end shot on Death Trap looks nice but Melted is WAY more gruesome.
As someone who's very terrified of acid, having your head slowly pushed into puts my stomach in knots.

BackAtYouBro

Your name means dung heap in my tongue!
Geras peeling back is my favorite.
That one appears to be a reoccurring favorite for many people. I really like Geras’s Skin Peeler and it’s the best out of the “skin peeling/ripping” fatalities in the game. It sort of reminds me of that one nasty Adam Tots comic where he peels his skin away when he sees the tear in it.