What's new

Tech Batman Vortex NJ2 / B11Set-up (Corner)

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Well, batman 22 vortex is known for a long time, but now I bring this new setup for corner. This works fine against big hitbox characters, also against normal box but the time for normal chars is very strict.

I'm working to make this possible against all the cast or the majority, in fact I have already some mid-screen setups but are totally different to this, anyway I'll be uploading more stuff for mid-screen.

AK GamerBlake STORMS

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Batman has no "reset or vortex" as he has no 50/50 game.

22 only guarantees standing 1 and it doesn't jail, b2 or b1 can be back dashed and all those options can be push blocked. Crossing over adds nothing, the 50/50 still doesn't exists after the j2 connects, so no gains made considering batman spends a bar to do it, so push block just levels it out and wastes batmans meter, and he needs it for way more than a change at a push blockable "reset". Also if a trait is active, he will lose that also.

Nobody has defended batmans offence properly yet. He is not a "rushdown" character. All will be revealed eventually. Give it time.

This corner reset does change things slightly, although, punishable.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Batman has no "reset or vortex" as he has no 50/50 game.

22 only guarantees standing 1 and it doesn't jail, b2 or b1 can be back dashed and all those options can be push blocked. Crossing over adds nothing, the 50/50 still doesn't exists after the j2 connects, so no gains made considering batman spends a bar to do it, so push block just levels it out and wastes batmans meter, and he needs it for way more than a change at a push blockable "reset". Also if a trait is active, he will lose that also.

Nobody has defended batmans offence properly yet. He is not a "rushdown" character. All will be revealed eventually. Give it time.

This corner reset does change things slightly, although, punishable.
In corner 22 guarantees b11, the problem is in midscreen but this setup is specific for corner and against big characters. 22 midscreen also guarantess b11 against DD, he cant made back dash in midscreen or corner and I assume that this is the same rule for the rest of the big chars.

This setup is 50/50 because DD must choose an option: block stand or block down, and the risk is outweighed by the damage (in case to connecting b11 or instant j2) but yes is full punishable, is a risk.

Also you should think if is worth spending a bar for push block b11? and another thing is if the opponent uses pusblock against instant j2 batman is away and there is no punishment.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
If you end a combo with MB grapple and call bats out, it makes the opponent recover much faster, you can jump and do j2 on the way down or empty jump into b11 for a suedo 50/50.

Instant air divekick after a j2 is a nice mixup and probably as close to a 50/50 he has midscreen as you can get. After a mb grapple end with j2. This guarantees a cross over j2, only option is to forward dash. So what I've been doing is jump forward into instant glide divekick and it stays on the same side instead of crossing up.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
If you end a combo with MB grapple and call bats out, it makes the opponent recover much faster, you can jump and do j2 on the way down or empty jump into b11 for a suedo 50/50.

Instant air divekick after a j2 is a nice mixup and probably as close to a 50/50 he has midscreen as you can get. After a mb grapple end with j2. This guarantees a cross over j2, only option is to forward dash. So what I've been doing is jump forward into instant glide divekick and it stays on the same side instead of crossing up.

lol i find it funny that doctine dark and i think of these things around the same time. hey DoctrineDark loook at this joke video i made for rapzilla a few days ago

This was sparked off of a debate we were having regarding a vortex setup and options of attack.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
lol i find it funny that doctine dark and i think of these things around the same time. hey DoctrineDark loook at this joke video i made for rapzilla a few days ago

This was sparked off of a debate we were having regarding a vortex setup and options of attack.
Except the debate we we're having was completely different. You were saying a NJ2 was possible which I never argued, my argument was that you couldn't do a nj2 after j2 hit.

Legendary commentary though lol

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Except the debate we we're having was completely different. You were saying a NJ2 was possible which I never argued, my argument was that you couldn't do a nj2 after j2 hit.

Legendary commentary though lol

lol yes that is correct. I did this for all the wrong reasons

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...

“it's me,stupid scientist J360 ” jjajajj , nice video bro you and RapZiLLa54 were in the same thing about j2, Regarding your debate I think j2 after j2 is not possible, I tried it a lot.

I knew it was possible to connect an instant combo j2, but had no setups, I had no ideas on how to make it useful in some way, when I started with Batgirl one intensive lab 4 days ago I noticed that she had the same J-kick of Leona (KOF) specially in kof 2002 many years ago I used this (as you know in KOF there are short jumps, for that reason it is easier to break the guard when the opponent is crouching), and one of the most common move of Leona was instant j2 +aereal super move, so I thought to implement something similar with batgirl, instant j2 + dd3mb into her vortex, then I tried to connect 111 after instant j2 and it worked great, and then I came up with a similar setup with batman.

EDIT: In kof the same jump kick of Leona is J4, this is the equivalent of a Batgirl j2 (Animation and properties)