What's new

Strategy BATMAN - NEW RESET [Vortex Set-up] [By ETC Mcfly]

ZOOM

Noob
heyyy that's pretty dirty. is it worth the MB? 112 Up batarang MB works too but that's like really unexpected.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

BlastX21

Noob
I guess this would be useful is if your opponent has 40-50% health left on their second bar, and you're not confident in your ability to hit them with a normal reset. the 112 batarangs + f3 or crossup reset would add up to take about that amount of damage. So it would have some use against people like Jupiter who defend Batman's bnb resets particularly well. But outside of that specific situation, it seems like finishing the combo would be more efficient. Also, landing a 112 in the corner is difficult.

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
I like this but didn't think it was worth the meter since it can only be done on hit and not block so you would have to use 2 bars after a mb grapple.

@AK/RM GamerBlake actually showed me this like a few hours ago haha honestly imo its not worth it. Id rather the mb bats hit and i can confirm into like a 35% combo. But i guess it can throw some people off :p

KRYS9984

Noob
I like this tech,

The only downfall I see is using meter to gain advantage when it could already be attained by cancelling 1,1,2 into trait or any other advantageous string (and going for the mix-up).

The meter could then be used in a blockstring for additional corner pressure, greater damage on hit confirmation or another MB grapple set-up for further mix-ups.

Back when Injustice was fairly young, I used to use a 1,1,2 MB up-batarang set-up; if the opponent tried to push a button, they would get launched for a combo (midscreen or corner) and if they blocked it, I would still get free pressure.

It worked for a while (players didn't have much knowledge) but the main issue was that the MB up-batarang could be crouched to negate advantage so I just removed the tactic from my gameplay.

Last edited:
you indicate what might be a good option
Basically the full vortex I do, when I get someone into the corner, there's a number of options to do:

NJ 2 into cross up/not cross up jump forward 2.
NJ2 back112 for a hard knock down, forward 3 that will or will not cross up.
NJ2 b11xxTrait into Throw/low starter string/ or forward 3
and NOW with this set up you can do NJ2, 112xxBatarang late MB into either : Back113, back 2,3 (for a stupid amount of damage) , Or throw.

Another thing to consider with this set up is to possibly do 112xxTrait (super plus) and have the opponent block your next string into batarange MB and from there go for any off these mix ups Low/Overhead/Throw (reason being is that a BLOCKED batarang Builds batman about 1/3 of a bar) so instead of giving up 2 full bars (Straight grapple MB and batrang on hit MB) you can actually do the same kind of reset for a little less meter.

I'm gonna work on these and hopefully you guys will see it at the break when I get someone into the corner

Basically the full vortex I do, when I get someone into the corner, there's a number of options to do:

NJ 2 into cross up/not cross up jump forward 2.
NJ2 back112 for a hard knock down, forward 3 that will or will not cross up.
NJ2 b11xxTrait into Throw/low starter string/ or forward 3
and NOW with this set up you can do NJ2, 112xxBatarang late MB into either : Back113, back 2,3 (for a stupid amount of damage) , Or throw.

Another thing to consider with this set up is to possibly do 112xxTrait (super plus) and have the opponent block your next string into batarange MB and from there go for any off these mix ups Low/Overhead/Throw (reason being is that a BLOCKED batarang Builds batman about 1/3 of a bar) so instead of giving up 2 full bars (Straight grapple MB and batrang on hit MB) you can actually do the same kind of reset for a little less meter.

I'm gonna work on these and hopefully you guys will see it at the break when I get someone into the corner

WOW! very good bro! excellent explanation! ;)

all that stuff I named actually wont work, if you meter burn batarange someone when theyre in the corner it pushes you away from them, and you're too far from doing back 11 without having to dash forward first....Im sad