What's new

Tech Batgirl Instant Overhead J2 tech. W/ FUZZIES!

Okay. I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that Batgirls J1 and J2 while neutral jumping can instant overhead crouch blocking opponents.

Either of these can be hit confirmed into super. J2 can be hit confirmed into either super or smoke bomb for a combo into vortex.

They both come out in 6 frames. J1 is a little easier to hit point blank, but can only confirm into super. J2 has way more range on it, and can instant overhead most everyone in the cast (even tested on catwoman).

The tech of course, comes from setups. Redemption can work (+1) , but spacing can be tricky. As Blocked 21 (+2), B2 (o), and F23 (-2) all leave batgirl within striking distance of the instant overhead.

These are all hugely dependent on character size. Doomsday and Lex are cake. Shazam and Catwoman are HARD.

"But Renegade, BG already has B2 and F3 which are safe. Why does she need this?"

That's a good question. This isn't the safest thing. If your neutral jump 2 is blocked, you're up there free to be hit by anything and your only defense is smoke bomb, super, or clash (when you get combo'd).

Two things. Speed and variety.

BG's B2 is 15 frames. As far as I can tell, neutral jump 2 is about 10 (I can't punish Doomday's charge with it). That extra speed (and without the startup frames that signal the B2 overhead), can be critical.

B2 is almost impossible to use in the neutral game, even after block advantage. It's just too slow. This basically cripples your overhead game to vortex situations and after blocked J3. B2 does have more range than instant jump 2, for sure though.

DAT FUZZY TECH!
A far more easier application of instant jump 2 is in Fuzzy Guard situations.

These are when overhead/lows still work... but the opponent can't actually CROUCH.

For example, anytime when you put your opponent in a stun reel (frame advantage), you can instant overhead someone easily without them actually being able to crouch under it.

I.E. anytime you hit someone into a vortex situation.

However, in those situations, getting interrupted out of B2 or B1 isn't a factor... and instant overhead requires meter to lead to combos and scales hard...

So going for instant overheads in that case is STRICTLY for variety or if you feel your opponent is react blocking B2.

Oh, and instant overhead-> super is unclashable 40%.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Noice. I've been using instant j2 smoke bomb very sparingly to catch d1 mashers but this information all laid out here is great :). Just more options she has.

Akulas777

Welbeloved Akulas
I'm new so I'm gonna take everything you said into account & I'll be back. "Watching this thread" Thx

OnlineRon91

Joker++
Can BG nj2, land, into combos? or is she required to do Smoke Bomb Mb to get some damage in? How much damage does she score with this setup?

Can BG nj2, land, into combos? or is she required to do Smoke Bomb Mb to get some damage in? How much damage does she score with this setup?

Nope, J2 doesn't do enough hit stun to do that. Gotta smoke bomb or super.

MB Smoke bomb scales combos pretty badly, so max damage usually isn't worth it. B3, J2, D2 Bola, J2 111 vortex should do 30%.