What's new

Tech Batgirl 113 and Flying Bat Wakeup Reversal [Video]

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If there's one thing that Batgirl needs, then it's tech and players. Even with Injustice dying, I've tried to pick up Batgirl just for fun and as soon as I went into practice I found some tech. It's probably already found with tech monsters like @Youphemism around the Batgirl forums but I thought it would be neat to share. (inb4 "i already knew this" bs ;) )

I couldn't see any titles that said anything about using 113 to reverse wakeups but I did however find a thread that said Flying Bat Crosses-up, it said something about dashing up and doing it whereas mines doesn't require dashing. That thread doesn't have a video however it's practically the same thing so here's a link to that thread: http://testyourmight.com/threads/flying-bat-cross-up.41512/

And as always here's the video:

And a mobile link for copy/pasting/fixing the !, I think:

youtube!com/watch?v=42MXPtoXij8&feature=youtu.be

Notes/Thoughts:

113, jump Wakeup Reversal
- Like every piece of tech I find, extremely easy to do
- You can do it raw if you really want to, or at the end of a string
- If you time it wrong, which is hard to do - srsly, you can get hit or not reverse the waakeup
- Tech-Rollable

Flying Bat Wakeup Reversal
- Also quite easy to do however timing will depend on the knockdown/gravity
- Wrong timing can have similar effects of my Lex Air BF2 tech which can be found here: http://testyourmight.com/threads/sex-luthor-midscreen-wakeup-avoiding-corner-wakeup-reversal-corpse-charge-air.46918/

Just trying to help,
- Scott

@Youphemism (already tagged, I know :p )
@Pan1cMode
@SonicFox5000
@A F0xy Grampa
@RiBBz22
@Cal-EL
@DoctrineDark
@AnyBatgirlPlayers
@ProbablyPerfectLegend

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Isn't the 113 tech-rollable?
Also the Flying Bat looks like it won't work on humans because of the delay in the wake-up.
Try recording the setup and wake-up out of it yourself. The AI wakes up at the first possible frame, humans don't (unless they were super mashing,) which changes the timing of the setup.

Also test on multiple good wakeups with different characters to make sure this is useful.

Scott The Scot

Isn't the 113 tech-rollable?
Also the Flying Bat looks like it won't work on humans because of the delay in the wake-up.
Try recording the setup and wake-up out of it yourself. The AI wakes up at the first possible frame, humans don't (unless they were super mashing,) which changes the timing of the setup.

Also test on multiple good wakeups with different characters to make sure this is useful.
Yes it is, I thought I mentioned that in the OP but upon further inspection - I have not, whoops. Updated.
Okay then, I'll give it a shot and report back later.

It works on MMH's push, jokers Acid and other wakeups but not things like deathstrokes swordflip I don't think.

Scott The Scot

This seems pretty cool, but in all honesty if I have them in a bola in the corner they are not getting the chance to wake up and are going to have to guess.
True, I just started learning Batgirl a couple of hours ago and I guess that's my basic BnB but if you're not using Bola (you probably should be for vortex) then do a knock down with this tech and start your vortex lol

...It's not the BEST tech in the world but it's tech regardless haha :p

Scott The Scot

I gave you a like for the effort. It's good to see people still trying to flesh out this game in its final stages. I respect that.
Cool, thanks man. I'm not stopping anytime soon. When I get bored of Batgirl I'll move onto someone else probably and find something there :)

Scott The Scot

Hehe its neat your trying to find new bg tech and all,
But i already know almost everything to bg with knockdown tech <xD
Now if you find an otg, my ears will perk.
Now Sonic, I like you and you ARE the champ and the Best Injustice player and all that... But you're not every Batgirl player lol :p
OTG? Let me try and find one especially with you in mind haha :rolleyes:;):)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
The 113 string isn't a wakeup reversal but more of an ambiguous cross up, except it always crosses up unless you neutral jump really late. The nice thing is, they will be expecting 111 string so they might not be ready to techroll. It's a nice little gimmick to use every once in a while, especially if you already used a bola to start the combo.

2nd setup: Flying bat probably has too much recovery to use in this fashion. Even if you make their wakeup reverse, they could still recover and punish. Also, it's techrollable. Try cartwheel, as I know this can reverse wakeups, but with strict timing. Her best hard knockdowns are 12b2, 12b3 and grounded bat evade 3.

Just trying to help ;)

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Please you end combos with Flip Kick and you think you have tech...
What are you talking about? You make it sound like someone actually got round to posting a sweg video that was supposed to be done about a month or two ago that had that tech in it :DOGE
Oohh shots fired

Sounds good @Youphemism ;) Will you give me a hand learning BG? I feel the current community guide is a bit outdated. Some frame data is wrong :p
Sure, but don't think I'm telling you all my tech ;)

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

The 113 string isn't a wakeup reversal but more of an ambiguous cross up, except it always crosses up unless you neutral jump really late. The nice thing is, they will be expecting 111 string so they might not be ready to techroll. It's a nice little gimmick to use every once in a while, especially if you already used a bola to start the combo.

2nd setup: Flying bat probably has too much recovery to use in this fashion. Even if you make their wakeup reverse, they could still recover and punish. Also, it's techrollable. Try cartwheel, as I know this can reverse wakeups, but with strict timing. Her best hard knockdowns are 12b2, 12b3 and grounded bat evade 3.

Just trying to help ;)
And you did help, quite a lot, thanks! Still not comfortable using all of the Jargon - I'm new to tech (if that makes sense)

Scott The Scot

Now if you find an otg, my ears will perk.
This is the best I could do in a short time, pretty gimmicky actually, but the definition of OTG isn't drilled in my head so I think this is it but probably not.

I forget to enable roll mode but it didn't make a difference.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Sure, but don't think I'm telling you all my tech ;)
I don't want your tech, I want tips for using Batgirl, help with combos, general strategies, and you know all that core Batgirl stuff :p

...So best ways to get in for each situation, best punishes etc all to start the vortex :p

SonicFox5000

The Best.
This is the best I could do in a short time, pretty gimmicky actually, but the definition of OTG isn't drilled in my head so I think this is it but probably not.

No thats a restand lol.
See WW Superman for otgs lol. They cant wakeup.
Also i have so much tech with bg thats not even known its kinda crazy. So when i see these im just like "TESTED THISSS" lol. All im looking for now are otgs

SonicFox5000

The Best.

Also theres like billions of ways to make flying bat crossup! I even did a trolly way here to mess with honeybee

Youphemism

No that's just a quick stand... a general rule is if the opponent can't wake up from it then it's usually an OTG. The opponent can wake up from this so it's not an OTG.
I'll discuss stuff with you this weekend or something lol
Also theres like billions of ways to make flying bat crossup! I even did a trolly way here to mess with honeybee
I think there's so many ways for it to crossup that it's more likely to cross up than hit on the same side now haha

Scott The Scot

No thats a restand lol.
See WW Superman for otgs lol. They cant wakeup.
Also i have so much tech with bg thats not even known its kinda crazy. So when i see these im just like "TESTED THISSS" lol. All im looking for now are otgs
Ah, so is that the only difference between a restand and an OTG? Waking up lol? Alright then, I'll just PM you a video everytime I find something so I don't make a billions threads of Flying bat crossups lol :p

Scott The Scot

No that's just a quick stand... a general rule is if the opponent can't wake up from it then it's usually an OTG. The opponent can wake up from this so it's not an OTG.
I'll discuss stuff with you this weekend or something lol

I think there's so many ways for it to crossup that it's more likely to cross up than hit on the same side now haha
Alrighty then, cool. Tis' apart of learning on my own individual fighting game career :p

I'm supposed to be going out to drink on Friday at the pub so it can't be then unless we start earlier - like 10 or 11 if that 's cool with you? Or Sunday but on Saturday I may or may not be going out with the gf so yah :L

Youphemism

Alrighty then, cool. Tis' apart of learning on my own individual fighting game career :p

I'm supposed to be going out to drink on Friday at the pub so it can't be then unless we start earlier - like 10 or 11 if that 's cool with you? Or Sunday but on Saturday I may or may not be going out with the gf so yah :L
Sunday, you should be feeling good so you won't get so salty ;)