What's new

Video/Tutorial Basic Fortress of Solitude Jet starters and 100% Reset (Post Batgirl patch).

Drecker

GET CITY.

UPDATED!

No commentary this time, just enjoy the music and the bullshit.

Superman's private sanctum, the Fortress of Solitude, just happens to be one of his best stages. Here I demonstrate three combos all involving the Jet interactable on the left side of the stage.

1. 61% Jet Starter into Iceball interactable,79% total.

Jet, Trait jf.3, f2 xx Interact (Doomsday), MB Breath, b3, j3, f2 xx Scoop, 3 xx Flying Punch.

This is a really safe and easy combo that can net you almost 80% for one bar, assuming that the Iceball hasn't been used. It's huge damage off an unblockable starter either way. Second j3 can be replaced with j2 for an easier combo.

2. 57% Jet Starter, ending with your opponent in the corner.

Jet, Trait xx Dash Cancel, jf.2, f2,3 xx MB Breath, Heat Zap, 3 xx Scoop, 3 xx Flying Punch / Super Breath.

Self-explanatory, starts off the unblockable jet with you in the corner and ends with your opponent having 57% life and being cornered. Superman still does stupid damage in the corner and his mixup game remains unchanged.

3. 100% Unblockable reset starting with cornered opponent.

f2,3 xx Heat Zap, 3 xx MB Breath, Heat Zap, f2,d1,3 (Resets), Jet, Trait jf.3, f2 xx Interact (Doomsday), MB Breath, b3, j3, f2 xx Scoop, 3 xx Flying Punch.

Starts off f2,3, ends with dead opponent. Getting them cornered and keeping them from grabbing the jet isn't hard, just make sure you get the proper height on the f2,d1,3 to cross them up and go for the interactable.

4. 100% Unblockable reset starting with cornered opponent on BIG CHARACTERS.

f2,3 xx Heat Zap, 3 xx MB Breath, j3, d3 (Resets), Jet, Trait jf.3, f2 xx Interact (Doomsday), MB Breath, b3, j3, f2 xx Scoop, 3 xx Flying Punch.

Starts off f2,3, ends with dead opponent. Getting them cornered and keeping them from grabbing the jet isn't hard, just make sure you get the proper height on the f2,d1,3 to cross them up and go for the interactable.

Song: The Fugees - "Fu-Gee-La" (Instrumental)

Sorry for the phonecam, threw this together in maybe ten minutes (Again).

All combos performed by hand, by me, on a MadCatz TE stick without the use of tool-assistance.

MrAvA

Smashing.
I'm happy that you use my set at up at the end but it is not "100% Inescapable" because some people like DD can just flip out or some use armor special to escape but nevertheless thanks for making that video and making superman mains proud everyday, or maybe thanks for making it worse for us when people see this.....:rolleyes: but anyways amazing job as usually drecker.

If you guys like my set up at the end here are some notes I took about it.
They cant even mash D1 to get out of it, jumping also doesn't work, and back dash... please of course they will still get hit.
Big characters Doom,Bane, Lex, and etc. require a optimized version which is just taking out Heat Zap and just dash after f2d13.
To beat a wake up special move just delay a tiny bit and then use the interactable. This beats aquamans df2, GL's db1, and even beats KF's slide. You can also use mb the interactable if you have the meter.
If the opponents has a armor grab( like Grundy) you wont be able to combo but he will take the damage from the ship and his grab will just whiff.
To beat black adams lighting cage just mb the interactable and watch him fly.
Deathstroke is the only one I know who can escape :(.

Drecker

GET CITY.
Big characters Doom,Bane, Lex, and etc. require a optimized version which is just taking out Heat Zap and just dash after f2d13.
Big characters require j3 > Sweep off the freeze, much easier, hard knockdown, can't escape out of it. Alternatively, j3 > 1,1 cr,1, but that's a pain in the ass.

Not to be a dick, but I also don't understand why you're calling this your setup when Raynex and TONY-T pioneered the f2,d1,3 crossup on smaller characters, neither of which I was aware of before posting my findings. Plus, the version you list won't kill after the patch due to new damage.

New video is rendering.

MrAvA

Smashing.
Big characters require j3 > Sweep off the freeze, much easier, hard knockdown, can't escape out of it. Alternatively, j3 > 1,1 cr,1, but that's a pain in the ass.

Not to be a dick, but I also don't understand why you're calling this your setup when Raynex and TONY-T pioneered the f2,d1,3 crossup on smaller characters, neither of which I was aware of before posting my findings. Plus, the version you list won't kill after the patch due to new damage.

New video is rendering.
I know Raynex mention about f2,d1,3 crossing up but I showed that you can use the intractable after it especially the left side on Fortress of Solitude. Tony version was f3 cross over but doesn't work well with smaller characters. The set up I made was to make sure that a TOD happen and the person will be in the corner after. I know my variation got nerf but I prefer keeping them in the corner then back to the neutral game and I don't mind if someone makes it better like you did. If I sounded like I'm bragging or arrogant, then I'm apologize I just wanted people in the superman forums to know that I found something useful.​

Drecker

GET CITY.
Note that you can still do combos 1, 3 and 4 without the MB Breath off Doomsday, just do a raw b3 if you prefer and use the meter to armor the Jet.