What's new

Baraka's Signature jik is back!

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I love how NRS seems to be showing Baraka some love in this game. My boy got treated pretty badly in MK9 and MKX lol
I loved his look in MKX though.

Those extra spikes on his cheeks just makes it, imo.
That said, I do like his look in MK11 as well!

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I loved his look in MKX though.

Those extra spikes on his cheeks just makes it, imo.
That said, I do like his look in MK11 as well!
Oh he definitely looked awesome, but to have him in the story just to get beat up and killed kind of made me salty, especially after he was quite literally just a punching bag in MK9s story lol

Never used to be a big Baraka guy but yeah, he got mistreated in MKvsDC as well. He looks so fleshed out now and actually interesting now
I agree. I have always liked Baraka since MK2 but he never really got to "shine" so to speak. Always being somebodies lackey and getting the shit kicked out of him. Obviously im just happy he is back in the game but I do hope story wise he finally gets to kick just a little ass, at least once lol

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Oh he definitely looked awesome, but to have him in the story just to get beat up and killed kind of made me salty, especially after he was quite literally just a punching bag in MK9s story lol
I really hope NRS will do more with their jobber characters than just have them around for the others to beat.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I really hope NRS will do more with their jobber characters than just have them around for the others to beat.
Me too. I know its probably hard with how they structure their story mode (obviously the good guys have to win) but it would be nice to see characters like Baraka and Reptile show some competence in terms of fighting, even if its just in cutscenes ill be happy lol

skahwt

Noob

I agree. I have always liked Baraka since MK2 but he never really got to "shine" so to speak. Always being somebodies lackey and getting the shit kicked out of him. Obviously im just happy he is back in the game but I do hope story wise he finally gets to kick just a little ass, at least once lol
Agreed. I’ve loved Baraka since his debut. His backstory implies more complexity than the games have given him. Ascending to, and maintaining his status as the leader of a vicious race of nomadic warriors implies more cunning and intelligence than his portrayals in the past few games have demonstrated. Here’s to hoping my favorite jobber finally gets some love in MK11.