What's new

Bar System Speculation

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Alright I noticed something while watching the trailer for the 9433rd time.
Most of you guys think that there will be 2 separate meters to explain how Scorpion did his Xray after the EX Spear, and others say the trailer was simply with infinite meter on. I think there is a 3rd explanation:

You can continue the EX Spear into an Xray using the 2 bars you have left.

Now this might sound very dumb but here is what made me think this might be the case:

After Scorpion does the EX Spear he does the Xray and you hear the Injustice MB F3/B3 sound, which I think is the sound of the Xray input.
When Scorpion does the Xray (which he looks like he can hold like Subby/Smoke in MK9, btw) he flashes TWICE. However when the Big Guy/Little Guy character does his Xray you hear the sound cue and he flashes THREE times.

I think that the number of flashes means the number of bars spent. So Scorpion spent 2 bars while BG/LG spent 3 bars.

Of course with all this I am assuming the meter consists of 3 bars like MK9.

Now this all might turn out to be gibberish but the more I think about it the more possible it sounds.

What do you think?

If you wanna check what I am talking about, the trailer on IGN is the best quality I have seen:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/10/mortal-kombat-x-gameplay-trailer-e3-2014
1:34 for Scorpion's Xray, 1:53 for Hodor's (LOL I loved when people called him that) Xray.

Decay

King of the Bill
Lol it's just infinite meter bro. NRS did it like that when showcasing injustice as well. Watch the injustice character trailers and watch them fight each other. NRS took away the life bars and meters just like in this mkx trailer and also you notice the characters use like 10 bars each and then use super move. It's just a way to make the game appear more cinematic when you take the UI off and then let the characters go to work without restriction

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Lol it's just infinite meter bro. NRS did it like that when showcasing injustice as well. Watch the injustice character trailers and watch them fight each other. NRS took away the life bars and meters just like in this mkx trailer and also you notice the characters use like 10 bars each and then use super move. It's just a way to make the game appear more cinematic when you take the UI off and then let the characters go to work without restriction
Yeah probably, I know that they used infinite meter in the Injustice trailers. But the fact that the big guy flashed 3 times while Scorpion flashed only twice is making my brain itchy lol.