What's new

Tech Banes version of the universal wake up reversal in the corner

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
When ending with the 22 hard knockdown in the corner you can dash while you opponent is imputing their wake up and reverse the opponents wake up. When the opponent does nothing they wake up facing the corner and if you set AI to wake up attack they whiff directly into the corner. This doesnt work on some wake ups(most notably HG which either left me fully crossed over and in the corner, or on the same side but with her wake up hitting normally), and with bane I could not get the reverse to happen on lex or grundy so it might not be possible to hit big bodies with this. I was also able to walk right over top supermans wake up super, and block it every time I missed the timing to walk over it. There is virtually no risk in doing this because you are at much advantage so any poke instead of a wake up can be locked or armored through as you please.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Realistically, I just need NRS to remove the venom debuff after the damage and armor properties go away and up a little bit of damage here and there on some attacks along with making f2 a bit more safe.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Now I hate that bane is punished for using his trait, but I kind of like how his trait works/feel its slightly fair. HOWEVER, I do not think he should be punished to the extent that he is. I mean the mobility debuff is just completely ridiculous. Now if they gave him some speed on buff, maybe akin to making d1 7 frames on level 2+3. Maybe gave his specials better recovery on level 2+3. Maybe took away the 150% damage taken to a reasonable 125%, and made him do normal damage on all levels of debuff. Obviously less mobility decrease on debuff(he is basically unplayable on level 3 debuff right now. He has to sit there and push block/anti air with body splash on a read or it wont come out in time). Then we got ourselves a character that can compete with anybody.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
You can make it "fair" by reducing duration. It's not difficult to think of methods to balance the venom.

Afterall, it's just one hit of armor. If it functions like grundy and doomsday armor where it seems better then sure.

I'd like to see triple armor at the stacks if the venom debuff stays.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Old news, you should use the search function and you'll find we talked about this in like June or something.
To the "making venom fair", just remove the mobility debuff so we can properly dip out and it'll be fine.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I've said it before. Bane w/o venom is enough of a debuff as is. I could live with doing a little less damage for a few seconds, but mobility and defense debuffs defeat the purpose of increasing his damage output during venom. And using armor takes life, so it's not like we're going through the opponent's shit for free. Even when he's on the offensive and is wrecking the opponent's face, he's still taking damage.