What's new

General/Other Bane's Alternate Costume Surfaces on Batman Facebook Page

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i like the mask he just looks naked with those flesh colored pants and im glad no TDKR alt his costume for that movie was terrible he didnt even have venom lol

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
i like the mask he just looks naked with those flesh colored pants and im glad no TDKR alt his costume for that movie was terrible he didnt even have venom lol
Man I am fucking sick of people whining about how he didn't use venom in the movies, or he's too skinny or whatever. It was an adaptation: as in, not the same. Why do comic geeks have so much trouble understanding this? No-one whines about Scarecrow being nothing but a mask anymore but people still have time to bitch about Bane because he isn't a massive hulking 6'8 druggie despite the fact that this is supposed to be a realistic representation of the character. Yes his death was shit, but he still kicked Batman's ass, took over all of Gotham and was as smart as he was strong. People should be happy that we got something infinitely better than that monstrosity shown in Batman and Robin.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Both of his costumes look cool but I NEED the classic.

These costumes make him look like a killer which is awesome.

But his classic makes him look like he's gonna slam a motherfucker.

Also he looks better with his simple design, too much shit going on in these two new costumes.

Why do comic geeks have so much trouble understanding this? No-one whines about Scarecrow being nothing but a mask anymore but people still have time to bitch about Bane because he isn't a massive hulking 6'8 druggie despite the fact that this is supposed to be a realistic representation of the character.
I think "graphic novel" "purists" are just that, purists. They don't like change or different adaptations of their character or their backtory. Similar to how book readers cringe at film adaptations when changes are made. I dont mind at all and happened to really enjoy the Dark Knight trilogy films. In fact, I quite enjoyed Bane in the last film.

Scarecrow is my all time favorite villain because of that fact you mentioned. He is not intimidating in the least and is a lanky guy, but he's highly intelligent and uses his this trait and his hallucinogens against people thus turning their fear against them. What greater power is there than fear? Fear shuts any living thing down completely. Highly dangerous villain with a chip on his shoulder.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Man I am fucking sick of people whining about how he didn't use venom in the movies, or he's too skinny or whatever. It was an adaptation: as in, not the same. Why do comic geeks have so much trouble understanding this? No-one whines about Scarecrow being nothing but a mask anymore but people still have time to bitch about Bane because he isn't a massive hulking 6'8 druggie despite the fact that this is supposed to be a realistic representation of the character. Yes his death was shit, but he still kicked Batman's ass, took over all of Gotham and was as smart as he was strong. People should be happy that we got something infinitely better than that monstrosity shown in Batman and Robin.
nice rant lol i mentioned him not having venom because he uses venom in the game i know it was for the movie and supposed to be different so i get him not being 7 foot and 800 pounds or whatever but his costume sucked and his death was stupid and nobody complains about scarecrow because he is just a dude in a mask with a fear toxin, and Bane's accent sucked but i wasnt complaining about that my point was the venom is used in game so im glad he doesnt have that costume because it wouldnt make sense

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think "graphic novel" "purists" are just that, purists. They don't like change or different adaptations of their character or their backtory. Similar to how book readers cringe at film adaptations when changes are made. I dont mind at all and happened to really enjoy the Dark Knight trilogy films. In fact, I quite enjoyed Bane in the last film.

Scarecrow is my all time favorite villain because of that fact you mentioned. He is not intimidating in the least and is a lanky guy, but he's highly intelligent and uses his this trait and his hallucinogens against people thus turning their fear against them. What greater power is there than fear? Fear shuts any living thing down completely. Highly dangerous villain with a chip on his shoulder.
They really don't seem to be doing him justice anymore, he has so much potential.

I guess its probably because he has one schtick and Bats already knows how to get around it for the most part, like Joker gas, but the Joker doesn't depend on his gas.

They really don't seem to be doing him justice anymore, he has so much potential.

I guess its probably because he has one schtick and Bats already knows how to get around it for the most part, like Joker gas, but the Joker doesn't depend on his gas.
Yea thats the problem with Scarecrow, when analyzed he seems a bit one dimensional. I'm not keeping my hopes up at this point. They obviously don't care much for the character.
He made a small cameo in the comics dead already with no explanation other than the joker killed him. Supposing he was alive he was within the blast radius. It seems to me they wanted to kill off Crane FAST and make him seem insignificant