What's new

Strategy bane vs runners

nicomatc

victory has defeated uuuu...
I'm noticing since the vemon buffs(not really viable) opponents are running and baiting

Lets address this my fellow Tom Hardy Mainers

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
LOL people ran before, I haven't really seen anything change. Zoners almost always run if they're competant because why would you slug it out with Bane if you don't have to? Better Rushdown players try to bait you but if you be patient they will usually come to you... please come to me, I give out green candy :D

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Basically use your dash and hit them with frame traps to make sure they never leave your vicinity. Its a working game, but eventually they run out of places to go and being in the corner vs Bane is something you never want to be put into.

I like it when they run, they do my job for me by that point.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Yes I love it when they corner themselves and throw out a predictable usually unsafe move when I get there. Thanks bro!

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
The answer is to be patient and dash up, block, or dash again.

Sometimes when people see/hear three venoms go up they are waiting for a charge. At that time, I dash up about 3-4 times right into their face without stopping.

You can charge some people and they may try to dodge it or they'll simply block. If they try to dodge it without the potential to air dash, you might get them. If they simply block, you get a good chunk of block damage.

For characters that are capable of dashing in mid-air, it's not really advisable. Just dash up and see what they will do. With the venom debuff reduction set back down a few seconds, you probably have enough capacity to block a few times before reset.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
It's all about the chasedown and how you go about it. Bane can get at someone a lot easier now, but you still have to do it. You need to dash and block after them to where you don't get sent back to full-screen and start over. One thing I've been doing recently is popping a level of Venom and inputting a special move such as Double Punch as I'm dashing. A lot of people see Bane charging and try to throw out an attack. If you do this your special will come out as the dash ends, absorb the attack, and knock them down to where you can apply pressure accordingly.

Jagernaut

Training Mode
It's all about the chasedown and how you go about it. Bane can get at someone a lot easier now, but you still have to do it. You need to dash and block after them to where you don't get sent back to full-screen and start over. One thing I've been doing recently is popping a level of Venom and inputting a special move such as Double Punch as I'm dashing. A lot of people see Bane charging and try to throw out an attack. If you do this your special will come out as the dash ends, absorb the attack, and knock them down to where you can apply pressure accordingly.
I like this idea, definitely try and implement this more often. BTW I played you yesterday! Cool to see your on the forums. GG man

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
I hate facing a Batman and they constantly backdash, it sucks because it works on me. they bait me into coming in close then punish me for it. Does anyone know how to counter Batman players that use this tactic?

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Just walk up if they have no good projectiles and get into range outside of their attacks. Dashing is good for certain situations but you don't wanna dash all the time and eat 40%

The recent buffs definitely helped a few of his bad matchups. I can go toe-to-toe with Superman pretty easily now for the most part thanks to being able to dash punish his stupid laser shit.

However, the majority of the S-tier cast still gives me trouble. Batman is fucking awful; I might as well be a pinata.

I actually find Shazam is tough now, too, thanks to his teleport buff. All my tricks whiff versus his teleport.

Its only fun if they run!

I like backdashing batmen myself. Because if you know the back dash is coming, dash after them and go right into an armored c grab. Bet you'll make them squeal like a piggy.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2