What's new

Tech Bane - Venom escapes and getting in

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't think this was talked about at all and since I played with it some here are my thoughts.

Basically, what you're doing is using Venom, but I tried to find a way to make it really work.

By ending a block string with a Venom boost and going into f.2 you give yourself one hit of armor. You can then punish a counter attack or dash back after absorbing a hit(for no meter I might add). This is especially good for strings that leave you + on block, and because you can hit confirm his strings you don't need to worry about fucking up if you know how to do it. My preferred go to method is f.2~back dash into command grab because it will snatch people who recover quickly.

While that's pretty big and it gives him an escape option with just one button, I think something even better is that his armored f.2 is great for getting IN too. Because his dash recovers quite well he can really abuse projectiles with slower recoveries. This also leads into his command grab if you don't feel confident going into a mix up.

About STAYING in - well, Venom helps with that too. Because you have armored moves, and his command grab recovers fairly decently, you can pop Venom after going into a string and cancelling into a special for the armor. Command grab isn't horrible on whiff but if you want the best bet you should go with his Double Punch. The armor is nice and it isn't punishable on block, so you can pop Venom before it end and c.grab(my favorite choice) them out of an attempt to punish.

Hope it helps. Beware Superman.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Bane is bottom 5? Since when?
Its a nice tech option, don't get me wrong. But button 5? When he has such juicy high/low mix-ups?

Komatose

The Prettiest
Its a nice tech option, don't get me wrong. But button 5? When he has such juicy high/low mix-ups?
Yes. Compare him to anyone in the game. You will get a flurry of what he cannot do against certain characters. Which is true. He's limited lol.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
T'was a joke my dear laddy.

His mix ups are all slow sadly, needs speed buffs yo

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yes. Compare him to anyone in the game. You will get a flurry of what he cannot do against certain characters. Which is true. He's limited lol.
You wound me... I feel like he is top 10 myself, since while he doesn't have a lot of answers per se, he creates a lot of problems that not many characters can answer back to. And his damage output makes it so you get that ample reward of having the bigger problem.

My personal favorite is body-splash into b.21 if they crouch, dash into that remix.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Translation: I can't blindly do stupid shit and get away with it so this character is bad

Love ya brah. But let's let the game develop before I remind you Hawkgirl is worse ;)

Komatose

The Prettiest
While I'm in here, I notice my Bane super doesn't land all the time unless I pop them up with a combo. It rarely ever hits them while they are on the ground? I don't know. Someone please explain.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
While I'm in here, I notice my Bane super doesn't land all the time unless I pop them up with a combo. It rarely ever hits them while they are on the ground? I don't know. Someone please explain.
Bane's super is odd in that it trades and people can put themselves in an "ungrabbable" state by clashing it off with another move.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
My threads always go off topic :(

I've never had that issue with his super, I tank right through everything.

Komatose

The Prettiest
My threads always go off topic :(

I've never had that issue with his super, I tank right through everything.
Sorry about going off topic but trust me, his super seems to not land in even the most basic situations for me...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Sorry about going off topic but trust me, his super seems to not land in even the most basic situations for me...
That seems like an issue that needs to be fixed. Is it during hit trades or something? I generally use it to go through projectiles as a last resort.

Komatose

The Prettiest
That seems like an issue that needs to be fixed. Is it during hit trades or something? I generally use it to go through projectiles as a last resort.
No lol. They could just be standing there and it will whiff. And I'm just sitting there like... derp... But any time I do it in a combo or they jump, I catch them with it. I just find it very awkward.

Reactions: RYX

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Yo plagiarisms.....? Or everyone just figured this out?

http://www.mortalkombatunited.com/topic/119868-sexy-magic-bane-breakthrough/

I have 2-3 grab resets for Bane atm. He has decent wall carry if you can touch people. Working on some footage to make sure the frame advantages are right for some setups. But even though Bane has some slow attacks, you can set them up to hit faster against people waking up, thus giving him the right pressure situations.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Know what's the truth? Anti air d,b+L with venom on. Dat armor.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't F2 and F2D only get armor off lvl3 Venom? Seems silly to burn lvl3 Venom every time you hit a block string.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't F2 and F2D only get armor off lvl3 Venom? Seems silly to burn lvl3 Venom every time you hit a block string.
Yes, it was something noticed before.

Level 3 should be something you lead up to. End lv.3 venom combos with his venom uppercut or double punch. Command grab lasts too long. Go to level 3 to end games.