What's new

Strategy Bane Strategy

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm having trouble using Bane. I have a few questions:

1.) When using the venom, what level of venom pump is required for the armor on his attacks? And what attacks are granted armor with it?
2.) What are good ways to close distance between bane and his opponents?
3.) Bane's attacks up close always seem to be blocked or hit before they land. How can this be offset?
4.) What is the best jump in attack to use with Bane?
5.) The body press throw doesn't seem to connect during a combo. For example, Back+medium, Hard, Light, Light, Hard, Body Press. What is the best way to land the body press with Bane?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
1) Only level 1 is required for armor, however it only gives 1 hit of armor. Each level of venom gives additional armor der dose, and level 3 is projectile invulnerable.
2) Some people would tell you running charge, but IMO cancelling armored f.2d into b.f.2 Gets you some huge distance gain.
3) Learn the opponent's blockstrings. Most of the faster jab combos can be ducked on the first hit, meaning you can duck and counter with a d.2 and get a combo or a d.3 and work the oki. If all else fails, block and counter or do a landing armored command grab.
4) Body splash (j.d.3) crosses up, has a huge hitbox, scales well, gets you some serious meter, does good damage...
5) Something to note is the 1234 being LMHT, makes notations a lot easier. now in regard to your question.

b.23 113 bodypress has some odd timing on the bodypress, so if you are having trouble I'd advise working through these combos which will provide closer and closer examples until you can get it.

b.23 11BP
b.23 22BP
b.23 b.23BP
b.23 123 BP
b.23 113BP

Fidoskin

Noob
1) Bane recieve an armor for all special moves with lvl1 Venom. Also he recieves f2 armor with lvl3 Venom and projectile immunity(not superarmor)on special moves with lvl 3 Venom also.
2) Dash and walking. If opponent have some 1hit projectiles or jump like pelican you can use lvl1 venom BULLRUSH. If you opponent is so predictable use lvl 1 BULLRUSH or hcf2 with lvl1 Venom.
3) I cant got the question sorry. My english is not really good :<
4) Best jump-in is obliviously j.d+3. But sometimes i use jump 3. For example if you are pretty close to Green Arrow and he use db2 wake-up attack you can jump 3 on him and punish it.
5) I have no idea why it is not connect. Try to practice more. In 113 or 123 combo you just need to input the chain and start to input Body Press immidietly.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
So, Bane receives a hit of armor on all basic attacks with LvL 1 Venom?
How do you cancel f2d into bf2?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So, Bane receives a hit of armor on all basic attacks with LvL 1 Venom?
How do you cancel f2d into bf2?
He recieved all armor on special attacks:
Body Press
Venom uppercut
Venom Charge
Air grab
Double punch

At level 3 he also gains armor on his f.2