What's new

Question Bane cancel bug? Glitch?

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
So when I attempt to do d1, d2 xx special, it doesn't work. Am I crazy here?

Special canceling while fully crouched in the down position. It doesn't work.

It works if I do.... db1, df2 xx special or df1, db2 xx special... but NOT d1, d2 xx special.

Letting the stick go neutral really quick between the down normals also works but not the first way which I wanted d1, d2 xx special.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So when I attempt to do d1, d2 xx special, it doesn't work. Am I crazy here?

Special canceling while fully crouched in the down position. It doesn't work.

It works if I do.... db1, df2 xx special or df1, db2 xx special... but NOT d1, d2 xx special.

Letting the stick go neutral really quick between the down normals also works but not the first way which I wanted d1, d2 xx special.
Weird. Never heard of this.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Are you holding down and then trying to cancel to special? I don't think it works if you hold down like in SF. Try going from neutral to D1 xx special. The game doesn't count a held direction as an input for a special move.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Are you holding down and then trying to cancel to special? I don't think it works if you hold down like in SF. Try going from neutral to D1 xx special. The game doesn't count a held direction as an input for a special move.
This^
Try canceling it while standing.

say you have a df2 special

you can crouch for 90000000 years by holding down, then whenever you want roll to forward and hit 2 and get your special. injustice lets you buffer specials in this way.

however if you want to cancel a normal into a special you have to do the normal, go back to neutral IF THE SPECIAL STARTS W THE SAME DIRECTION AS YOUR NORMAL, then input your special.

so to do a d1~df2 you must input

d+1, go back to neutral, d, f+2

however let's say you want to do a b1 into a df2 special, you don't have to go back to neutral

b+1, d, f+2

as one big motion

Does this solve your issues?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

This

It's not like in MK9 where you can counterpoke from crouching position shortcutted into a special. It sucks for some characters who try to counterpoke pressure safely, but oh well.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.

you can crouch for 90000000 years by holding down, then whenever you want roll to forward and hit 2 and get your special. injustice lets you buffer specials in this way.
That's not true. Let's take Bane for example. Hold back for 2 seconds and push F+1. You will not get his raging charge.

Now lets talk about Venom Uppercut which is DB2. Hold down for 2 seconds and push B+2. You will not get the uppercut, cancel or raw.

The way you can get around this is to hold DF while crouching. Hit 1 while holding DF, then sweep the stick from DF to D to DB to B+2 (1+:qtr:d:qtl:l+2). Now the game is going to read that as d1, d, b2. Make sure you go all the way to back.

This is using the standard MK style controls.

That's not true. Let's take Bane for example. Hold back for 2 seconds and push F+1. You will not get his raging charge.

Now lets talk about Venom Uppercut which is DB2. Hold down for 2 seconds and push B+2. You will not get the uppercut, cancel or raw.

The way you can get around this is to hold DF while crouching. Hit 1 while holding DF, then sweep the stick from DF to D to DB to B+2 (1+:qtr:d:qtl:l+2). Now the game is going to read that as d1, d, b2. Make sure you go all the way to back.

This is using the standard MK style controls.

yeah I just retested and your way is right, thanks for correcting me on that part

Odd. I know if you input f2d bf3 you will cancel into command grab but maybe that's because of the unique input for f2d.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Why the heck are you using d.2 into special? The scaling is awful.
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

however if you want to cancel a normal into a special you have to do the normal, go back to neutral IF THE SPECIAL STARTS W THE SAME DIRECTION AS YOUR NORMAL, then input your special.

so to do a d1~df2 you must input

d+1, go back to neutral, d, f+2

however let's say you want to do a b1 into a df2 special, you don't have to go back to neutral

b+1, d, f+2

as one big motion

Does this solve your issues?
Yeah I have noticed that early on. I am just very annoyed by having to go back to neutral since it's not like this in other games. I don't play MK so I didn't have that to compare to. Thanks for the clarification.