What's new

Balance Patch Wishlist (Non-Character Changes)

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
After playing for almost two months I've started to not like certain things I feel are a little to strong.

1. Fatal Blow coming back in under 10 seconds even if you miss it. I actually like the meta built around the last part of match knowing your opponent has Fatal Blow available. Certain characters have 11f fatal blows that reach full screen and are unreactable so if you move or let off block or do anything you are at risk of losing. This mechanic is definitely cool but I feel it should take longer to regenerate back once missed so players have to think about when to use it (Use it or Lose it). As it stands now I can yolo it out willy nilly and zone till its back and steal the round very easily. If it was only available once per round or match I'd be fine with that as well but if not at least make it 20 second cooldown.

2. Last Breath Mechanic and Chip Avoided:
This mechanic prevents you from dying twice for the cost of two def bars. Which is cool but many feel cheated out of the round. I'm fine with it staying even though I don't like it and think its a cheesy way to steal the round. My biggest problem with it though is not that its there, its that it cost nothing. It does take the two bars at the end of the round but regenerates instantly on next round. IMO it should have a higher cost since it is incredibly powerful to clutch sets and can be used every round. I say make it start the cooldown on next round around 15-20 seconds so that way it actually has a cost and should I use it mind game.

3. Meter System: Breakaways
When Breaking Away from combos it cost two defensive bars but they come back almost instantly at 15-16 seconds. What I suggest is they are only useable once per round so 3 times per match/set. I know 15 seconds seem like a long time but when playing a competitive player its not as easy to open up players who have extensive experience and skill. Before you know it they have a bar to wakeup and a few more back and forth they have breakaway(not every exchange will open your opponent up) . Right now I'm seeing breakaway used on almost every single combo in competitive sets.
Make it actually cost something. I feel breakaway should be a sacrifice of wakeup options. Right now its not.

4. Online Lag after patch:
After the last patch there is horrible lag spikes (visual lag) this makes the game unplayable and worlds apart from offline competitive play. Tight links, jailing from pokes, optimal combos, punishes, counter poking, cancels, reaction, Anti Airs all go away online after last patch when you have more than 6f visual/input lag. I think everyone can agree On this!

What do you all think? Is there anything you feel is not working fairly.

Last edited:

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
The only one I agree with is breakaway. The way it functions at its core is fine: breaking out of juggles with armor, using defense bar. However, you shouldn't be able to recover fast enough to punish the combo you were supposed to be in, and I think it should make the defense bar refill slower than wake-ups do so it doesn't happen every time you get a combo opportunity.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
1. Hitboxes
- self explanatory. My biggest gripe in the game. Nothing worse than a 50/50 chance of a move whiffing.

2. Fatal Blows
- I hate this mechanic. In MY opinion they should be used once a match at any time and if they are whiffed or blocked, that's it.
- OR reduce the damage if thrown out raw and actually keep it the same or less of a damage reduction if done in a combo.

3. Online
- Fix it.

4. Wake Up system is basically Russian roulette. Piss poor design IMO. Not a popular opinion but I hate it.

That's about it.

LawAbidingCitizen

The only one I agree with is breakaway. The way it functions at its core is fine: breaking out of juggles with armor, using defense bar. However, you shouldn't be able to recover fast enough to punish the combo you were supposed to be in, and I think it should make the defense bar refill slower than wake-ups do so it doesn't happen every time you get a combo opportunity.
I actually didn't agree with the Fatal blow one until I started using the characters with none reactible full screen Fatal. Its basically like scorpions Teleport but unpunishable and can be done on reaction to their movement forcing them to turtle up in fear of a move they can't react to.

Last breath is just annoying to me and feels cheesy but to each their own. Its just that the bars come back instantly that is dumb to me not that they have that safety blanket.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
I actually didn't agree with the Fatal blow one until I started using the characters with none reactible full screen Fatal. Its basically like scorpions Teleport but unpunishable and can be done on reaction to their movement forcing them to turtle up in fear of a move they can't react to.

Last breath is just annoying to me and feels cheesy but to each their own. Its just that the bars come back instantly that is dumb to me not that they have that safety blanket.
Erron Black is the only Fatal Blow that I think needs real adjustment. If you couldn't breakaway from it in the air, I'd almost be willing to say it's broken

LawAbidingCitizen

Hitboxes
- self explanatory. My biggest gripe in the game. Nothing worse than
I didn't include hitboxes because I was making a non character patch wishlist.
But I completely agree, they need to fix every hitbox that is wiffing within range or pokes that wife on counterpoke like kotals.

LawAbidingCitizen

Erron Black is the only Fatal Blow that I think needs real adjustment. If you couldn't breakaway from it in the air, I'd almost be willing to say it's broken
Maybe I'm mistaken but I think you can't breakaway from fatal blows. And like Krushing Blows they take away all area of effect, dot and other special moves from the screen when active.