What's new

Bad days

Flagg

Warrior
What do you do when you're having a bad day (playing MK 9)?

Just been in a KoH room with some guys, and i was just playing like garbage. Dropping combos, not even trying. Last guy I played was Sub Zero and I could tell he wasn't even trying against me. I just turned the console off at the end of the game.

Do you guys carry on, go to the training room, quit or what?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
What do you do when you're having a bad day (playing MK 9)?

Just been in a KoH room with some guys, and i was just playing like garbage. Dropping combos, not even trying. Last guy I played was Sub Zero and I could tell he wasn't even trying against me. I just turned the console off at the end of the game.

Do you guys carry on, go to the training room, quit or what?
I have three different characters that have contrasting fighting styles so it isn't uncommon for me to have a bad day with at least one or two of my characters.

Taking a break helps me usually or just hop in training mode for a little while get a feel for things again.

Flagg

Warrior
Well my two strongest characters are CSZ and Baraka and i've just started using Sindel again. So as you can see, three quite different characters. I dunno what's been wrong with me today, if im tired, but I felt like I couldn't even be bothered, but I still got pissed off when one match I was close to winning desynced, and the last guy not trying (why should he when I just did stupid stuff like slide from the other side of the screen).

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
yeah i had one of those days yesterday every decision i made was wrong i usually hop on story mode if i dont wanna stop playin i dunno it takes my mind off tryin to win for a while ... also kano eye lazering soldiers for fun has to cheer anyone up ;)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'm playing about 5 characters pretty regularly now, often they conflict with each other. Or I'm just having a bad day, it happens. I usually just take a break or hit the trainer.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Lead Moderator
When I'm having a bad day I tend to play another game and come back to MK later( like later that night or the next day ).

Justice

Kombatant
Best advice I can give is to just walk away for a while, maybe a day or two. It's like in Pokemon, if you breed anything with salt, you just end up making more salt.

If that's not possible, like at a tournament or something, do your best to walk away from the crowd and think of something other than MK for a couple of mins to clear your head and lower the adrenaline that makes you play worse when salty.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
It happens when you get tired from a hard work day, or are stressful with something, demotivated, or just fed up bored with the game someday ............ plus the fact that , for some, you can feel sometimes cocky and overconfident, and , you start to get online fights without worrying in observe what kind of style your oponent does, so, you can sometimes underestimate who you are playing against, and, so, that dude kick your ass online, hehe :D

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
thats just one if these days flagg.dont feel to bad about it, besides, those guys in the koh room (if its the same room i was in) was a really tough one, and playing against good players sometimes make u look silly, but ur a good player, its online, and it wasnt a tourney; so fuck that

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I noticed I play that way when I'm bored with the game. My suggestion is to take a little break. Today was the first day in about a week I played MK and I had fun with it again. Cutting back or playing another game for awhile would help.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I noticed I play that way when I'm bored with the game. My suggestion is to take a little break. Today was the first day in about a week I played MK and I had fun with it again. Cutting back or playing another game for awhile would help.
Have to agree with this. I was playing like ass tonight but I'm honestly at the point where I'm pretty bored of the game right now, but that happens. Oh well.

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
Sometimes it happens yes, take a break is the best play games from another genre (FPS or such) or dont play at all. But I realized that those breaks are even good for your overall gameplay, for example I was training a Cyrax reset I just couldn't do for days then I took two days with Bioshock, got back to MK and pulled it off in a ranked match not accidentally. Your brain needs a few days to implement new things in this game, so breaks are useful.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
My problem is, I can't take any break from playing MK9. I'm too fucking addicted, LOL. Maybe this is why I have bad days now and then, I dunno. I play the game so damn much, one would think I'd have little to no difficulty handling some situations...then I get proven wrong.

Even my good days can turn into some bad days, depending on who I am playing. The instant I suffer a few losses in a set, be it before or after my win streak, my composure starts to crumble and that's when the nerves and frustration overtake me. Naturally this leads to more losses and I wind up leaving feeling like the worst player in the world. It doesn't help when you're used to playing people with actual strategy and then you come across players who have a completely random style. (I HATE random shit.)

So yeah, I've been there, done that. My best advice to you is to either chill for a bit and relax at the MK forums, or mess around in Training Mode and think of a few ideas to remaster your game.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Bad days? Ha...yeah welcome to the competitive club! There are days when I slay and dominate and there are days where I'm sure I look like I just started playing...lol. If you start to get bored with the game take on a new character that you like...I just decided to commit to Quan Chi and it's like I just bought the game all over again...or just go out with your friends and get drunk....works for me!!!