What's new

Question - Gunslinger Back to Gunslinger?

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
So the patch notes related to EB - Gunslinger for November, if I'm not mistaken, are as follows:
http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/Patch-Notes-8-31-2015/ba-p/756091
The first question would be when the eff does this patch land on PC, but I guess nobody even knows when is it landing in general, so I'll leave that aside.
The actual question would be what's the current potential of SO2 as opposed to DB4 in general terms. I've always gone for DB4 since it's the same damage, faster and scales less with the drawback of a slighly smaller hitbox.

I'm quite happy to see they buffed gunslinger to a non-variationless level!

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
SOS2 actually links midscreen now for a full combo. No more gender-specific or corner only meterless launchers.

The zoning still feels kind of weak to me but it might just be that my Gunslinger is trash and I never really played him until this patch.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
The meter gain from this variation is so juicy. 211122 canceled into SOS3 is over half a bar and its safe. UUUULLLLLL

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
So the patch notes related to EB - Gunslinger for November, if I'm not mistaken, are as follows:
The first question would be when the eff does this patch land on PC, but I guess nobody even knows when is it landing in general, so I'll leave that aside.
The actual question would be what's the current potential of SO2 as opposed to DB4 in general terms. I've always gone for DB4 since it's the same damage, faster and scales less with the drawback of a slighly smaller hitbox.

I'm quite happy to see they buffed gunslinger to a non-variationless level!
I already have the patch on pc. Got it yesterday

Alvhe Feleo

Due tomorrow? Do tomorrow.
Where are you guys getting these VIP patch notes from the future? Just out of curiosity.
Click the list, it's a link to the source.

I already have the patch on pc. Got it yesterday
You are right, I got ninja patched! :DOGE
I always check the news section every time MKX gets a patch over 100MB, but this time I must have missed it.

Back on topic, what do you do now that coin toss is overhead and standoff basically puts you on negative frames in exchange for an *almost* guaranteed counter to any move in the game? Don't get me wrong, it's not a godlike move, but I don't see a way to beat SO at any range, except Reptile/SZ's ex slides.

Last edited:

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Yea after a few weeks messing with Gunslinger, I still feel the zoning is too weak to overtake Marksman and Outlaw as the better variation.

However, Gunslinger is definitely viable now, and super fun. I'm just bummed I can't really zone anyone other than a few big, slow characters.