What's new

Strategy b32/23f2 ex straight rang

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
So this may have been discussed before but just by messing around with a knockdown 23f2 ex straight rang then hold block wait for the straight rang to knock the person out of their wakeup then punish. For instance against cage i did a 23f2 ex straight rang, i blocked the ex shadowkick then cage got hit and i did a b1 combo punish for 40%. Next I did the same thing but got an ex flip kick, the straight rang hit him out of the air and i punished with 12, 23f2 shadowkicks for 22%. Although some wakeup don't get affected the return rang, i.e. sub wake up clone. I don't thing this will be a significant part of her anti wakeup game, if anything it's just a gimmick. I also understand they can roll out and just crouch or jump out, i would only do this once a game to test to see what they're committing to. Thoughts?

Wake ups this works for
Cage-All
Ermac-All
Reptile- Dash, Invisibility, Low Dash (block low),
Kitana-All
Sonya-All except ex cartwheel
Kung Lao-All except ex teleport
Kabal-all except regular nomad dash
Jax- all but ex overhead smash

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I messed with this too. If they roll block or delay the wake-up the setup doesn't work. However, if done near the corner they will have to either eat the boomerang or block it. Thus, if they block, you have a free jump in because they cannot back away.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
Yeah if they roll away the had cant get the full combo punish so it's just to test your opponent. Or condition them to stay grounded then dash up and d3 grab?

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
Different boomerangs yield different results.
Off a knockdown if you en-high it catches their crouch or jump,
En-mid does what you said.
En-low catches them unless they crouch block which is when you can attempt to time an overhead. Close call but if done right, it's a solid set-up.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Yeah if they roll away the had cant get the full combo punish so it's just to test your opponent. Or condition them to stay grounded then dash up and d3 grab?
I think you're better if you jump on them. You can at least do a deep jump kick if you feel you won't manage a jip or they will roll away when they see you jump.

Thead

Noob
Yeah I like these setups, although I prefer Ex High Rang as it'll hit people staying grounded. Especially fun in/near the corner as the enemy can't techroll away.

You're left at enough advantage after you throw the Rang that you can clearly hold Block (visual cue) before the enemy can input a wakeup, this forces people to block instead, which allows you another guaranteed blockstring, or lets you punish nearly any wakeup attack whos invincibility beats the Rang.

I also use it after an sometimes after an AA 1 - AA1, 12, 12, 4~En Rang, depending on the height I AA them.

Defo the old school use of Enhanced Rangs (purposely whiffing the first hit) as they were only effective this way pre-patch.

AestheticLove

Staff Tier
Thead i agree, ex high is useful, but in at mid/full screen i'd do ex low/mid, because they can techroll the high. with the low if they try to jump over they eat a b2,aa 1, u3 etc, and for a mid if they stay grounded d3 grab.

CompletelyJaded

Whiffmaker
I find that Jade's greatest strength is that she has an answer to every situation, such is why those whose opponents stay down will prefer high, while those whose opponents keep tech rolling will prefer low boomerang. I fight online for the most part so I generally go with low or mid, as they either get up and block or try to wakeup attack. I love to en-low a Reptile on knockdown and then exglow in his face to do 25-36%. And if I happened to have a third bar... ouch.

On the downside, all these options mean you have to guess right too. But guess what! The opponent does too if you condition him to have no idea what you'll do next. >:)