What's new

B2 X-ray bait

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Hello lads,

Not sure if this has been mentioned [or known] before but while playing with my good Tarkatan buddy 1man3letters, He mentioned this lovely little thing with Johnny cage's B2 charge move.

Appling B2 Charge after a knockdown from about 4 poking distance seems to be a fantastic bait for the X-Ray, He mentioned this to me and when we tried it out in tranning mode it seemed dash-cancelling B2 into X-Ray seemed to be a fantastic bait.

Haven't used it too much yet but I'd like to here your guys input on the matter.

Sure it's a gimmicky technique but, more mind games for johnny's playstyle and an extra use for B2 seem to be more then welcome additions to the Nut-cracking master himself.

Nutrient

Lex Flex
Wow. Can you dash cancel it into xray?
Yes you can

In training, Set the dummy to Wake up attack [simulating someone attempting a punish B2]

You'll get it after a couple trys, it's not a difficult thing to do but if you really need to hit confirm X-ray for Johnny cage ths may be a good course of action, although, this may never work twice as[This is it's gimmick property] but you can always have the mind games of the B2 charge with full meter after landing it once.

Side note; you build a very small amount of meter by dash-cancelling B2, I highly recommend not doing this from anywhere but full screen or 3/4 of the screen or even at all if the match up is a tele character.

Credit should definetly go to 1man3letters for having a PHD in dirt and swag

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ah man, ya should of kept this for cannes ;) (dont go spilling our toasty boost tech2)

yea its pretty filthy alright, gimmicky i agree but the hypest cage xray to nut punch ender combo is the reward,
on knockdown it depends what u got the knockdown with and what your opp wake up options are
(enhance dont matter as xray turns all armor on screen off)
an untechable knockdown would take out the roll option

out of a nut punch is also other option,as seeing a b2 being charged the opp should think, "ah a very stupid slow charge move,ill just poke...ohh fuck my balls"
simple jump back will end the setup though....but even better in corner :rolleyes:

now you see the kinda filth my mind be thinking and that nutrient has to put up with playing against

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Hello lads,

Not sure if this has been mentioned [or known] before but while playing with my good Tarkatan buddy 1Man3Letters, He mentioned this lovely little thing with Johnny cage's B2 charge move.

Appling B2 Charge after a knockdown from about 4 poking distance seems to be a fantastic bait for the X-Ray, He mentioned this to me and when we tried it out in tranning mode it seemed dash-cancelling B2 into X-Ray seemed to be a fantastic bait.

Haven't used it too much yet but I'd like to here your guys input on the matter.

Sure it's a gimmicky technique but, more mind games for johnny's playstyle and an extra use for B2 seem to be more then welcome additions to the Nut-cracking master himself.
It may work 1 time against an unexperienced opponent, but I don't think it is a good tactic.
The reason why I think it isn't good, is because any good player knows that there is absolutely no reason to use charged b2 against a knocked opponent...it is 100% useless, the only reason why you would use that move is to cancel it into something (x-ray), and the fact that you must have 3 bars to use this tactic is another big information for the other player.
Imho if you think he is going for a wakeup is better to just dash against the knocked opponent and use the x-ray without any gimmick.
Charged b2 can't trick him more than once in a lifetime (if it works at all).

Marvaz

come at me
??? Not to burst your bubble or anything but this is 1st week 1st month stuff. Ill upload a vid of a recent example on digimons stream. I actually am against this now though unless its for a hail mary type sceneraio. If your up in life and feeling froggy do b2, cancel ex nut punch.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
your welcome cage players :cool:

and by the way to the nay sayers, no one said this was going to bust cage to s+ tier,
just something he can do that i wasnt sure people were aware off, dont really care if some one was doing it since release day, IVE never seen some dash cancel a charging b2 into xray after a nut punch for a bait

its a gimmick,been said by both me and nutrient, i dont play cage, he does, so i just thought id say this to him,as it pretty hype when it comes off...soulcrushing as well as ball busting

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
??? Not to burst your bubble or anything but this is 1st week 1st month stuff. Ill upload a vid of a recent example on digimons stream. I actually am against this now though unless its for a hail mary type sceneraio. If your up in life and feeling froggy do b2, cancel ex nut punch.
Yeah, your use of b2 has been pretty ingenious since the start. Only Cage player I know who incorporates this, people do fall for the B2 in the corner too...

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Definitely can do it with EX nut punch as well, if you use X-ray its about 3 times the risk for 3 times the reward, lol

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
This, plus its good for those who like to do JP combos cause this will catch them everytime...however if they are a grounded opponent the ex nut punch will catch them before they try to poke.
Space it correctly and you can make them whiff the poke and counter it with a B3 too. I love all the B2 setups, but I can never remember them in a game, they always just slip my mind that they exist.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Space it correctly and you can make them whiff the poke and counter it with a B3 too. I love all the B2 setups, but I can never remember them in a game, they always just slip my mind that they exist.
Sickest thing is to get a dashing Kabal with the ex nut punch~ feels good man.