What's new

Question B2 3 utility?

zuurrkk

World's worst GL
Yeah it sucks that this strings second hit is not a true mid and this won't be awesome unless they change that (which I doubt they ever will, we better start crying) but it DOES hit crouching larger hit box characters like lex, dd, bane, Grundy, etc. I think this string has at least some use in the corner.

The string is +4 on block and +15 on hit according to the games' frame data. When it hits it leaves them standing, and in the corner you're close enough and at enough advantage that you can go for a overhead/low/throw mixup. Kinda like how bat girls 111 works. The cool part is that you can kinda just abuse this against the larger hotbox characters, because whether it hits or is blocked you're still at significant advantage to continue offense.

Also, against the rest of the cast, if the first hit is blocked they can not duck the second hit and it will still make contact. But it is a gamble though because the string is easily whiff punishable.

I would only use this in the corner, because mid screen, on hit or block the pushback leaves you out of f3/throw range.

But yeah, its utility is questionable. Unless this string is made a true mid like the game says it is it'll end up just being a matchup specific thing. Your thoughts?

EDIT: does NOT work on Grundy