What's new

b2-1

Aboolayla

Come At Me Bro
does this move have special capabilities or something. I was versing an ermac and I starting noticing that he was loving that wake-up attack and once I realized it I just used b21 and somehow it was stuffing everything. I thought ermacs wake-up push and pickup had invincibility but b21 still hit him and I even looked in the corner of my eye to see it say wake-up attempted. Does this move have the ability to stop invincibility or am i smoking something

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
does this move have special capabilities or something. I was versing an ermac and I starting noticing that he was loving that wake-up attack and once I realized it I just used b21 and somehow it was stuffing everything. I thought ermacs wake-up push and pickup had invincibility but b21 still hit him and I even looked in the corner of my eye to see it say wake-up attempted. Does this move have the ability to stop invincibility or am i smoking something
The simple explanation is that slow special moves are not invincible all the way through when performed as a wakeup attack. Ermacs lift and push are both too slow to be completely invincible.

The technical explanation is that wake up attacks have 8 frames of invinciblity. Ermacs lift and push have 14 and 13 frames of startup respectively. So you were hitting him in the 5 or 6 frame window that he was not invincible. You were hitting him at the perfect time to stuff his wakeup attack.

Ermac is one of the characters whom has notoriously bad wakeup attacks. Others include Sindel and Sektor to name a few. If you tried this on characters with fast specials, youll find you cannot stuff their wakeup. Examples of this are Kung Lao spin, Johnny Cage shadow kick, and Raiden superman. When these are done as a wakeup attack, and you are point blank, they will be invincible until the attack hits you. This is because their attack starts up in 8 frames or less so they are invincble until they hit you. If you try and poke them out of wakeup, you will always lose.

If you don't know what a frame is, its how the game is displayed in real time. 60 frames equals one second. So all wakeup attacks are invincible for 8/60ths of a second only.