What's new

Question B+333~Ultimate hat.

Ginchy Chris

Super Chef
I want to know how useful this is. I first started doing this in corner kombos, cause I was having trouble with landing 3~ultimate hat. Later, I realized this connected midscreen, too, but I get better damage with B+33~spin. Anyway, the question is, what are good uses for b+333~ultimate hat? What's max damage on it, if used as a combo starter? etc.

imo the whole string should never be used. only b33 should be used.

b33 on its own has great advantage on hit and safe against a lot of characters( being poked is not a punish)
b33 spin, some people say this string is hitconfirmable but I dont think that is something that can be done consistently in a real match. off of a jumpin punch it is a 100% hitconfirmable and is great when you see the opponent blocking high after a jump in punch.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
imo the whole string should never be used. only b33 should be used.

b33 on its own has great advantage on hit and safe against a lot of characters( being poked is not a punish)
b33 spin, some people say this string is hitconfirmable but I dont think that is something that can be done consistently in a real match. off of a jumpin punch it is a 100% hitconfirmable and is great when you see the opponent blocking high after a jump in punch.
being able to hitconfirm it is dependant on wheather u have fast enough reflexes or not, if im in the zone i have no problem doing it.

being able to hitconfirm it is dependant on wheather u have fast enough reflexes or not, if im in the zone i have no problem doing it.
perfect legend says it isnt even hitconfirmable, if he doesnt think it is possible. it at least cant be done consistently. I dont care whether you can do it once out of 4 times. if you cant do it at least do it 4 out of 5 times it should be counted as NOT hitconfirmable. and in my own honest opinion you should be able to hitconfirm 10/10 times, to actually call it a hitconfirm string.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
ive thought about this, if they crouch block the last hit wiffs and ex hat dosent come out, kind of useful i guess.
it looks swag though.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
perfect legend says it isnt even hitconfirmable, if he doesnt think it is possible. it at least cant be done consistently. I dont care whether you can do it once out of 4 times. if you cant do it at least do it 4 out of 5 times it should be counted as NOT hitconfirmable. and in my own honest opinion you should be able to hitconfirm 10/10 times, to actually call it a hitconfirm string.
axel's kung is legit homie

ive thought about this, if they crouch block the last hit wiffs and ex hat dosent come out, kind of useful i guess.
it looks swag though.
youre taking a risk for nothing significant. after the last kicks whiffs you can full combo punish, so if youre gonna take the risk why not go for the higheste reward? which is b33 spin. or take the safe option b33.

Axel_Redd

it looks swag though.
its not useful....if it wiffs u get full combo punished, so its stupid. i am capable of hit confirming it....i've hitconfirmed subzero's 22 into iceball bunch of times. But most of the time when i use it, im using it as a poke and not actually looking to hitconfirm it.

Ginchy Chris

Super Chef
Thanks for the help.

B+333~en spin works midscreen, as well. It's pretty safe. I guess I was just hoping someone had a situation where B+333 would be the best option, but that situation might not exist.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Sometimes I use it in the Cage match. When I have the meter and I have the lead, if I notice the Cage player is getting a bit lazy I will do b333 of a JIP just to send him across the screen and annoy the sh%t out of him. But I do agree with the majority that it's pointless. Only good for a gimmicky way to get in some damage or space.

Sometimes I use it in the Cage match. When I have the meter and I have the lead, if I notice the Cage player is getting a bit lazy I will do b333 of a JIP just to send him across the screen and annoy the sh%t out of him. But I do agree with the majority that it's pointless. Only good for a gimmicky way to get in some damage or space.
it is hitconfirmable on jumpin, so you could have gone for full combo.

but kung lao already has all his solid options, there is no need to go for gimmicks. and gimmicks aren't supposed to be well known if you want them to work, so I dont understand people posting all their gimmicks on tym.

Axel_Redd

it is hitconfirmable on jumpin, so you could have gone for full combo.

but kung lao already has all his solid options, there is no need to go for gimmicks. and gimmicks aren't supposed to be well known if you want them to work, so I dont understand people posting all their gimmicks on tym.
b333 is pointless, you already have much better options for damage. b33 spin is much better

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Like almost everyone has said, b333 isn't very useful. If it gets blocked, you're getting pressured or even punished.