What's new

Avoiding certain moves with d4's and d.jk's?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i heard krayzie mention that u can avoid smokes smoke bombs by doing a deep jumpkick and avoid jax's groundpounds by doing d4? my question is how does this all work? could someone make a video of it? also wat else are those 2 things capable of avoiding?

Grolarbears

Dojo Trainee
Idk if my friend Nitemare from Xbox wants me to mention it, but we have been working D4 anti-airs/cross up anti-airs with certain characters who have a suitable D4. It has been seen to blow up jump in punches and kicks. Deep jump kicks are unknown as of now. Seems inconsistent.

Just throwing some random stuff out there.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Idk if my friend Nitemare from Xbox wants me to mention it, but we have been working D4 anti-airs/cross up anti-airs with certain characters who have a suitable D4. It has been seen to blow up jump in punches and kicks. Deep jump kicks are unknown as of now. Seems inconsistent.

Just throwing some random stuff out there.
I was thinkin about this the other day. I was wonderin if noob could d4~teleslam cross ups.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Jade players do this for a living.

EDIT:
D4 and D3 avoiding things is a matter of shifting your hurtbox.
Deep JK killing moves such as Kabal's dash is a matter of moves having active hurtboxes where they do not have a hitbox.

Jade's staved normals reach right into the hurtbox and poke it.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Well if cage does a D4, it will avoid Jaxs GP if time right. Kang can do the same thing with standing fireball.
Repositioning normals are an interesting thing. I use Jade's b3 to avoid it.
It can yield a 20% combo in on him if he gets caught in the b32,df4,[12],d1,df2
12 is only doable in the corner.

Last year when I kept talking about repositioning property of normals people were like WUT U MEEN DEY DODJ?! OL OL OL UR NUB
And look how good it is.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
looks like i have new tech to work on then...sigh. anyone up for helping me work on it?

btw how does djk beat kabals nomad dash? explain in greater detail plz...this is interesting.

Repositioning normals are an interesting thing. I use Jade's b3 to avoid it.
It can yield a 20% combo in on him if he gets caught in the b32,df4,[12],d1,df2
12 is only doable in the corner.

Last year when I kept talking about repositioning property of normals people were like WUT U MEEN DEY DODJ?! OL OL OL UR NUB
And look how good it is.
Hindsight is 20/20 :p

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good thing none of this shit works against Kitana's jk~air fan lol

I've avoided Kano's Xray with d3... so damn funny.