What's new

Ashrah Kameo Discussion

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Goro is great but the recharge on up punch and the health penalty really hurts a character imo.
Sure you can make everything plus but u might lose acces to breaker for a very long time

Last edited:
Reactions: jmt

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Been having a lot fo fun using Jax.... she is one of the few characters that can utilise ground pound due to some of her moves rsing her up.. like light assention and astral moves.

Reactions: jmt
so far i find stryker to be the best. grenades juggle from all launchers (except 122), dk works against runaway, the lows and overheads can be used after f4 or 2.

Jynks

Do you ever use the cuffs much? I tried using it after the stun, but I think it actually makes it harder to connect

Do you ever use the cuffs much? I tried using it after the stun, but I think it actually makes it harder to connect
i'm pretty new to ashrah, mainly tried to find the perfect kameo so far. i think the cuffs are best used raw as counterzining tool in neutral, especially for the shang tsung and maybe rain matchup. her own counterzoning simply isnt good enough for those, especially when they are on sub-zero kameo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
so far i find stryker to be the best. grenades juggle from all launchers (except 122), dk works against runaway, the lows and overheads can be used after f4 or 2.
What are the grenade juggle combos? I've found pairing her with Sareena to be my favorite so am curious.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I agree with Tigerzz and many other Ashrah players, Sareena makes her a complete character or if you want to play dark stance - a case can be made for Scorpion. That being said she can work with many kameos, just these two seems the best.

I've tried Sareena, currently seeing what all Goro does for her, are there any other Kameos you guys are liking now for Ashrah?

Jynks

Sonya is great. I forget who's doing the work with her but I've seen some great videos of it in action.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I've tried Sareena, currently seeing what all Goro does for her, are there any other Kameos you guys are liking now for Ashrah?
You can make her work with Scorpion and Lao for different reasons. Still thou, the best for her is Sareena.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
I like using Frost as a kameo simply because she's my favorite character, but I also don't think she's too bad as an assist. She gives you full combos (though heavily scaled) off of f+2 and b+3. She also let's you meterlessly combo for about 18% off of f+3 and leaves them with a guaranteed 3 dark stacks if you want to switch to Dark Stance after the freeze, though the timing is a bit tight for a scrub like me.

Also, the ground freeze is just nice for some counter zoning if people try to run and throw projectiles, though I'm aware that's pretty win-more for Ashrah.

Goro is underrated with ashrah. You lose out on projectiles but you get to go psycho mode with random safe/plus armored ghost dashes into full combos. And throw combos, safe/plus f3, blow up armor during your f423 gap, safe db2 chipouts, on and on

jmt

Noob
Goro is underrated with ashrah. You lose out on projectiles but you get to go psycho mode with random safe/plus armored ghost dashes into full combos. And throw combos, safe/plus f3, blow up armor during your f423 gap, safe db2 chipouts, on and on
I love using Goro with her. Just sucks that his calls take so long to recharge.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Started messing around with Sektor. Anyone use Him with her? Seems to be good pressure, plus just like the Mileena/Stryker Restand grenade combos Ashrah Seems to have something similar with Sektor missile where you can do b+3,1 and the missile hits at such a timing that they just stagger back instead of getting knocked down or if you do f3 instead they get launched for a combo.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
I like using Frost as a kameo simply because she's my favorite character, but I also don't think she's too bad as an assist. She gives you full combos (though heavily scaled) off of f+2 and b+3. She also let's you meterlessly combo for about 18% off of f+3 and leaves them with a guaranteed 3 dark stacks if you want to switch to Dark Stance after the freeze, though the timing is a bit tight for a scrub like me.

Also, the ground freeze is just nice for some counter zoning if people try to run and throw projectiles, though I'm aware that's pretty win-more for Ashrah.
Frost is in my top 3 favorite characters in the MK Universe. I've been looking to pair her with someone but out of the 3 characters I play atm she's most "useful" with Kitana. That's mostly because how she's designed seems very.........unforgiving. I still think one of her attacks like Neutral call should be an ambush or something. In any case I decided to go this route half for fun and half for curiousity. I realized Frost is like a "weaker" version of Sareena in what she does for Ashrah. Difference is the ground ice is launch punishable on block where the Sareena blades nets a low poke. Otherwise serves the same purpose though. That said I'd just have to be more careful and damn well hit confirm something like 22.

Anyway as I'm going about labbing, have you found a way to setup the Ice Orb yet? That thing even after the buffs still seems like it comes out way too slow. If they made it just a TAD faster or lasted a little bit longer I think it'd be more legit for more characters but Ashrah doesn't seem to have a knockdown or something that leaves the opponent heavy enough minus to get the orb out without getting wrecked by someone paying attention.