What's new

Armored Combo Starters?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Ok so now that we discussed zoning I would like to move onto my next topic: Armored Combo Starters.

What are ya'lls feelings on this? For me moves such as sonya ex kart wheel are total bullshit (like 90000 active frames of armor and only -4 on block). I'm all for "get off me" armored moves such as Kenshi's EX-SC that are only comboable in the corner and primarily used to escape pressure, but I feel moves like kabal's flash parry, sonya's kart wheel, and Kenshi's EX-RC were too OP... There should be some consequences for using an EX move and guessing wrong (Cage's ex nutpunch).

Also don't give me that bullshit about "you can neutral sonya's kart wheel" that is fucking horse shit...

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
You can neutral jump her ex cartwheel. It's quite easy. I saw top level players doing it all the time. :DOGE And if they weren't doing that, they were just using one of Kenshi's 56 armored moves. :DOGE

Fractured_Shadow

You can neutral jump her ex cartwheel. It's quite easy. I saw top level players doing it all the time. :DOGE And if they weren't doing that, they were just using one of Kenshi's 56 armored moves. :DOGE
Ugh...yes you CAN NJP it but you shouldn't have too...Also that is a total shit option against her if you are a pressure character

Either way you are missing the point...

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I'm not saying those were ok, but it depends on each move and the rest of the tools the character has. I don't see the problem with Scorpion's EN spear or with Rain's EN roundhouse, wich was also afe.

Fractured_Shadow

I'm not saying those were ok, but it depends on each move and the rest of the tools the character has. I don't see the problem with Scorpion's EN spear or with Rain's EN roundhouse, wich was also afe.
Scorpion's EX Spear is insanely punishable.... and Rain's EX roundhouse is bordeline... it isn't advancing but it will lead to big boy damage, however take away his EX roundhouse and he is total shit imo

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
i know zero about mk9 but i feel like if moves have armor and are really "get off me" type tools they should be punishable