What's new

Armageddon Coming to Wii

so do you think it is gonna be a suckfest or innovative with the wiimote and nunchuck...... its very hard to say. they are obviously completly leaving their roots with this game... and do you think it will have online play?

Enigma

Noob
Ed Boon already said that the game can only be played with the classic controller.
=======
Game Informer: Let’s get this out of the way first thing – Will Mortal Kombat: Armageddon utilize the Wii remote for some kind of motion control or will it focus on the traditional controller?

Ed Boon: Without a doubt, I would love to use the Wii remote in MK: Armageddon. Obviously, a million ideas come to mind but I would much rather come up with a new fighting mechanic and/or perspective (that could take FULL advantage of that unique controller) rather than to shoe horn the controller into a fighting scheme that was originally made for the standard controller we’ve been using for so many years. Unfortunately, time is an issue and we don’t have time to redesign the fighting system from the ground up.

Why Don't they release All the 2d fighters on the Wii Virtual Arcade. Everything from MK1 to UMK3. That would be sick... All Online cabaple.

Enigma

Noob
Remember it's called Virtual Console, not Arcade.

They are only releasing straight-up console versions of games. Nintendo stated online capability will not be added to any VC games. Also, you'll never see arcade ports on there. The version of SFII: World Warrior that was recently released was the SNES version. Nintendo places a lot less emphasis with online gaming than Microsoft does, so I doubt that if a MK game gets put on the service (the best bet would be MKII for the SNES), they'd hack it open and add online. Nintendo just doesn't care about online enough.

Enigma said:
Remember it's called Virtual Console, not Arcade.

They are only releasing straight-up console versions of games. You'll never see an arcade port. Nintendo stated online capability will not be added to any VC games. Also, you'll never see arcade ports on there. The version of SFII: World Warrior that was recently released was the SNES version. Nintendo places a lot less emphasis with online gaming than Microsoft does, so I doubt that if a MK game gets put on the service (the best bet would be MKII for the SNES), they'd hack it open and add online. Nintendo just doesn't care about online enough.
:(

Exactly. Nintendo will never make their VC games online because that would mess with the original experience of those games back when they came out. Apparently, VC games have to replicate the exact same experience and be true to the spirit of the old games.

I was disappointed too when I heard about this and this is why I think Xbox Live Arcade will be better then Nintendo's VC. Hours and hours of online play has made UMK 3 and Street Fighter: HF well worth the money spent on it and they are actually better then many new 360 games. On the other hand, VC games are about the same price but without online play. I would find it hard to justify purchasing Street Fighter or MK for VC.