What's new

Are there any special properties to a tech roll?

I was messing around with Kenshi in the lab yesterday, experimenting different x-Ray combos and there was one in particular that caught my attention.

:r+:bp:bp:l+:fp, dash, :bp:fp~rising karma, dash :bp:fp, :x

Isn't really a combo per se, since it drops at the second 2,1, though I found it interesting that the x-Ray still hit the dummy.

I've set the dummy to {always block} in the middle of the string to see if it could block the x-ray while it was getting up; it could not.
So then I set it to tech roll w/ always block and it blocks the x-ray high. I then set the dummy to just tech roll with no block and saw that it blocked the x-ray low.

I checked the system guide and couldn't find anything on it in the wake-up section.

Basically I wanna know how the computer did this when its blocking options were turned off.

Sao87

@thedigitaldojo
I was messing around with Kenshi in the lab yesterday, experimenting different x-Ray combos and there was one in particular that caught my attention.

:r+:bp:bp:l+:fp, dash, :bp:fp~rising karma, dash :bp:fp, :x

Isn't really a combo per se, since it drops at the second 2,1, though I found it interesting that the x-Ray still hit the dummy.

I've set the dummy to {always block} in the middle of the string to see if it could block the x-ray while it was getting up; it could not.
So then I set it to tech roll w/ always block and it blocks the x-ray high. I then set the dummy to just tech roll with no block and saw that it blocked the x-ray low.

I checked the system guide and couldn't find anything on it in the wake-up section.

Basically I wanna know how the computer did this when its blocking options were turned off.
If you did this to the computer during the roll animation then there is no way to guarantee it will hit without blocking. When an opponent staggers his wake up by holding down they can also hold block and any low hits will then be blocked even though they are still in the laying animation. Same goes for rolls, they can hold block and then block anything if they are hit while rolling it will just end the roll animation.

Somberness

Lights
Just one of many various bugs in training mode, the cpu actually "presses" block during the roll. They are actually neutral blocking and not blocking low, just the blocking animation overrides the standing animation. You can tell this because you are able to hit them with lows.

Just one of many various bugs in training mode, the cpu actually "presses" block during the roll. They are actually neutral blocking and not blocking low, just the blocking animation overrides the standing animation. You can tell this because you are able to hit them with lows.
Ohh interesting. I'm enlightened yet again lol. Thanks for the response, xxz :)