What's new

Question Are robo cyrax and human cyrax different characters?

Are Robo Cyrax and Human Cyrax different characters?

• Yes

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Now like the thread says are robo cyrax and human cyrax different characters? for example, i know they have different properties on moves, but if i could only switch either the map or the character if i lost a game, could i change from robo cyrax to human and change the map to say the in the kabal match up? This question came up in a team yardley tournament the other day and we had a bit of a disagreement on the matter, mostly me vs the rest of team yardley, so i though i'd ask TYM. So do you think that cyrax and cyblax should be considered completely different characters? Please explain your choice after in the thread

J360 GGA HAN @TonyT Pig Of The Hut @every other cyrax player i can't think of in my currently exhausted state

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Yes i think they should be considered two different characters. they have different enough properties to where MU numbers change for each of them. They have different BNB combos and resets as well.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Uh...yes? One is obviously broken and the other is less broken(barely) and more fundamentally sound.
yes, i know that they have different properties on their respective moves, but in tournament you believe that they should be considered different characters?

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
yes, i know that they have different properties on their respective moves, but in tournament you believe that they should be considered different characters?
Yes. Moves have different properties like his teleport and net. Imagine if Robo Cyrax got these. The human counterpart would be useless...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Alright this is the scenario that this would apply to. Say I beat a baraka player with robo cyrax. They then go to counterpick me with kabal, am I locked into robo or can i go human? I personally believe that you should be locked into one or the other because they have different tools.

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
man haha fair enough i seem to be beat on this one, i thought id give it a shot and make my new main cyrax/cyblax a little bit better. oh well thanks to everyone for helping me out.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Yes they should. Cyblax is 4-6 against Kabal while Cyrax is 3-7 maybe 2-8. Their properties really make them both so significant, they have to be classified as different characters.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I think I'm gonna go ahead and say no, I wouldn't approach a fight against Cyblax the same as I would a Cyrax.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Totally different, in my opinion. And therefore, unfortunately must be treated as changing characters. Although it would be great to be able to switch costumes on the fly depending on the MU, but that would make him (the Cyrax/H.Cyrax combo) even better overall. The one MU where you really want Human is obviously Kabal, but against most of the rest of the cast (including sonya, his other bad MU) you want robo.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Apparently having slightly different properties on some moves equals being a seperate character.