What's new

Arcade Stick Trouble

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Hey guys I've been having a bit of an issue with my arcade sticks and figure some of you might be knowledgeable enough to point me in the right direction on this.
I have two arcade sticks that I've owned for... 2-3 years or so. Recently, the actual sticks themselves have started to feel pretty loose. The sticks have a good bit of wiggle room in the center before they will hit one of the switches. Because of this, I've been getting accidental specials and having difficulty with movement in some situations.

I've looked around a bit and read that it may be my spring getting worn out, which is apparently an easy fix. However, I also read that lack of tension on the stick can be caused by other issues (that I've now forgotten). Just wondering if anyone here has had experience with this and knows what I should be inspecting.

Thanks

insomnia_ftw

It's simple.. We normalize the superman.
Thanks man, that actually worked it feels much better now. Problem is I can't get into the other stick the same way since it doesn't have the screws on top haha, but i'll figure that out.

I'm still getting weird inputs though. As joker, I throw accidental HLG allllll the time. I've noticed that all I have to do for the move to come out is d into db1 (db being the single input down+back, not down then back). Is that just how specials work in this game? I haven't tried alternate controls since I fixed the stick so that may solve the problem.