What's new

Question Aquaman Online combos

SimSim

Norwegian Lab-work Champion
You can do almost all his combos fine online, just stay away from b12xx db2, b12~~ that is hard to do online.

Also, depending on the lag in the match, you need to press 22 early after the db1 in a combo. Also cancel your strings earlier than you think to avoid dropping the combo.

The biggest thing I keep missing online is just a trident scoop followed by a trident rush when the opponent flips to the other side. I've all but given up on that one.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
The biggest thing I keep missing online is just a trident scoop followed by a trident rush when the opponent flips to the other side. I've all but given up on that one.
do you mean in the corner? I just wondered why u were trying to end a combo with that?

Trustinme, I would have to say to just ignore my post. I understand a little more why it wasn't working, because I was actually using it to try and start a combo (mostly).
But I realize now that really wasn't a good idea, but as far as trying to get the opponent in the corner, I couldn't get the timing down on that.
I'm embarrassed actually, because after rereading it, the post shows my ignorance of the game and I still have a long ways to go in understanding and improving, sorry.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Trustinme, I would have to say to just ignore my post. I understand a little more why it wasn't working, because I was actually using it to try and start a combo (mostly).
But I realize now that really wasn't a good idea, but as far as trying to get the opponent in the corner, I couldn't get the timing down on that.
I'm embarrassed actually, because after rereading it, the post shows my ignorance of the game and I still have a long ways to go in understanding and improving, sorry.
dude wtf are you talking about? There's no need to apologise for anything,if you don't know something then it's just a learning process. Try this combo out- b12 mb ground tridant,22 scoop,223. Always try and end aqua combos with either 223 or f21&3 as both give hard knockdowns and ur opponent can't roll away. Let me know how you get on dude.add me on Xbox live and we can go through some stuff anytime you want.

That would be great. I started out with Green Arrow and Batman, but seemed to lose a lot with them. Settled on Aquaman after trying a few offline and online matches and finding some success with him. Besides, I think he fits my style of play better.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You can do them all online. Just keep practicing you will get it. b12 trident into b12 scoop slam is tougher so make sure you get that one down first because it is really important.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
That would be great. I started out with Green Arrow and Batman, but seemed to lose a lot with them. Settled on Aquaman after trying a few offline and online matches and finding some success with him. Besides, I think he fits my style of play better.
yeah absolutely,its always best to play a character that feel comfortable with,aqua just clicked with me too which is quite fortunate really considering how good he is,lol. Ill send a fr ASAP or just add me whenever you have time.are you in the states or Europe?

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
For combos like <<B+1 2 xx From The Deep, B+1 2>> are doable online. You only need to change the B+1 2 for D+1; for instance: <<B+1 2 xx From The Deep, D+1 xx Trident Scoop, 2 2 xx From the Deep [MB], 2 2 3>>. The difference in damage is minimal, just 1-2% less.

I agree with the others who posted that Aquaman's combos are doable online. My biggest problem when I picked him up was moving from offline practice mode to online, I found that the timing wasn't the same (for me). The strings I was having the most trouble linking in was the f2,1+3 ender, and I'd often drop the b+1,2 / 2, 2 after a db+2 MB.

I still mess it up on occasion, but more often than not I can land his combos now with no issues. I think as long as you're willing to dedicate time to the character and be willing to take losses while you go through the learning process, you'll become accustomed to the timing and it'll become second nature.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
The 22 after trident scoop is my biggest nemesis. Wiff that and you better prepare you asshole.. because its about to get pounded.