What's new

Strategy Aquaman First Attack Options

Gizmo235

Noob
So just wondering what the aquaman players are doing at the start of the round.
Right now I have 3 things I choose between doing right away.
Jump in with 1 or 2
Scoop
Back up
Not sure if these are good options or what
Also was wondering if there is a guaranteed way to get a first hit if you KNOW the other person is going to jump in attack right away?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
its opponent specific really,i dont think its really a good idea to start the match with a jump tbh considering how good aqua is at controlling space on the ground.as for someone jumping in thats aquas dream come true. d2 into 22 scoop into 22 ex ground spike into 223,well thats what i do anyway.although i havent had much time with the game yet so forgive me if theres far better options from d2 anti air.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
its opponent specific really,i dont think its really a good idea to start the match with a jump tbh considering how good aqua is at controlling space on the ground.as for someone jumping in thats aquas dream come true. d2 into 22 scoop into 22 ex ground spike into 223,well thats what i do anyway.although i havent had much time with the game yet so forgive me if theres far better options from d2 anti air.
There really isn't. I actually use d2, 22 enhanced ground trident, 22 scoop, 223. I feel its easier to do and for some reason gives you 30% instead of 29% lol. I usually walk back when the match starts. If I end up playing a few games ill get a better look at my opponent and ill know If I can risk an uppercut, back dash, ground trident, or in rare cases a jump in. I almost condition opponents with walking back. If I do something unexpected its likely that I wont be punished online.

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
B3 is good against a lot of opponents because of how it moves your hit box back, and how much range it has.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I catch so many people with an immediate F2, 1+3. It's pretty much completely safe at that range too unless they jump right at you. Let's just say, never do it on the first match versus a new opponent.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
in order of effectiveness:

1. B2>scoop>combo if i think they're gonna back up. i think it hits jumpers too.
2. D2>combo if i think they'll jump
3. B12 hits if i think they'll do a ground attack. the range automatically hits some characters, but whiffs against small hitbox characters
4. from the deep if i think they'll back dash
5. forward dash>grab when they block 1-4
6. occasionally back away/backdash to mindfuck them

i haven't tried f2 1+3 yet, but it sounds promising if the range is good enough to hit them as they're walking back. against certain characters who like to start the match off with a specific attack, it might be a good idea to start with back jump air 2>combo.

x0Kakashi

Kneel before me.
B3 is a good start if you know theyre not gonna backdash and if they do start with from the deep other than that I would suggest just to block and punish with d1 xx scoop