What's new

Tech aquaman corner block inf ( block trap)

jimzam

Noob
in corner with aquaman u can do f13 repeat for a block trap. f1 is 7f fast and f13 gives +2 on blocking so f1 comes out @5f. only way to get out is u have to push block or use a super or anything with instant armor. u cant backdash out cause f13 will hit you and give free combo of choice.

its ok mid screen but they can backdash after f13 on block. use f13db1 to catch them as mix up if wanting to use trap mid screen. enjoy aqualads

jimzam

Noob
only thing u can do to interrupt f13 is super or use meter for bounce armor. u cant backdash out because the 3 catches u. no poking in between either. so only super works. f1 alone is +3 on block which is good for baits to cause hesistation as well and more block traps ofc

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
You can use B3/F3 MB in between f1 and 3 to escape this.

I also looked and the frame data and saw this, it's just not that great since normals do so little chip and your risking getting blown up by a B3 MB combo. I prefer using f1 to go for a 50/50.

jimzam

Noob

I also looked and the frame data and saw this, it's just not that great since normals do so little chip and your risking getting blown up by a B3 MB combo. I prefer using f1 to go for a 50/50.
yes but they need 1 bar or more to escape always. u can bait armor by doing f1 alone and being +3 to set up other things up. i to do things like f1 trident rush or f1 trident scoop to make them think twice if he i see they have meter. this is really good to force ur opponent in uncomfortable situation

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
WW sword parry after any hit = 16%/12% and + frames; lasso parry - 37% punish between any hit.
EDIT: 40% meterless.

yes but they need 1 bar or more to escape always. u can bait armor by doing f1 alone and being +3 to set up other things up. i to do things like f1 trident rush or f1 trident scoop to make them think twice if he i see they have meter. this is really good to force ur opponent in uncomfortable situation
As long as you are not super predicable with your strings you will be fine in the corner. But f1 for corner pressure into b1, d1, throw, B3, db1, etc is REALLY good. One of the best Frame Trap set-ups in the entire game.

I would not spam the string repeatedly against a player with meter. But I would use it as part of my corner pressure.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I was just correcting what you said above that you cannot B3 MB through f13, while in fact you can.

Yes, F1 is good in the corner for sure.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

But what if you don't have meter. Is it a block infinite?

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
But what if you don't have meter. Is it a block infinite?
It's effectively a block infinite. Theres a few chars that have things like this (NW, GA, etc).

The main issue with it is f13 does not combo on hit against crouchers, so you can just mash d1, to check their timing. So unless they go for f1 scoop, theres not really any risk to the opponent checking their just-frame timing. This is all assuming you have no meter, too.

Using it as a mixup is the main thing people will do (including me)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
The thing about using fwd1 as a stagger is the same meter burn b3 that interrupts the whole string will also blow up other follow ups, besides rush or scoop (haven't tested this) so your opponent has a really good option. Still very usable but just something to keep in mind.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Pretty sure this is spammable as long as you watch for armored b3s which you should be able to absorb with your own armored b3. I will check tonight. Maybe someone could check this for me right now while im at work?

Some of the cast (So far Grundy is the only exception, though he can wcc to counter it, but I'll keep testing the rest) can jump after blocking the f1, but before blocking the following 3 in the corner and punish Aquaman.

Edit:

Okay, it appears to be hurtbox size, and a result of how big the bigs are (lex, doomsday, grundy, bane) and of those I believe both Lex and Doomsday REQUIRE meter to escape. Bane can use venom I think, and Grundy can use his WC/WCC.

This isnt an infinitive at all f13 has such a gap its about 9 i think because if you do this to yourself in pratice mode as AM you can d2 and f1 it easily and b1 makes causes a trade

You aren't doing it fast enough. It's possible to do it fast enough that Lex's Corp Charge (6f) cannot punish it, nor can any d1's (also 6f). And I just tried with AM and was unable to make it interrupt. Its just a fairly tight window to make it frame tight.

You aren't doing it fast enough. It's possible to do it fast enough that Lex's Corp Charge (6f) cannot punish it, nor can any d1's (also 6f). And I just tried with AM and was unable to make it interrupt. Its just a fairly tight window to make it frame tight.
You know im talking about f13 right? You cant make the 3 in f13 come any faster then it does...

Are you blocking the f1 ducking? Because if so, as pointed out earlier, it's not a block string, if you block it standing you cannot interrupt the 3 with the moves you listed.