What's new

anyword on INJUSTICE being compatible with the PS4

Just curious if anyone has heard anything on this. The game and the console are both scheduled to release in the same year. PS4 being scheduled for a "holiday season release in USA".

SCK ERR0R MACR0

Apprentice
I doubt it will get ported to PS4. They probably received dev kits last year and final version this year, which they'll use to develop their next game, but I doubt a game released 8-9 months before a new console will get re-released. Just my opinion though.

Killzone

Warrior
They always say the game will get released for the PS3, X-Box 360 and the Wii U.
If that stays the case, you won't be able to play it on the PS4, because it's not backwards compatible.

And buying a PS4 right at the beginning would be a stupid move as well. One waits 1-2 years for better console-updates and not some red ring of death shit :-|

RonnyRAGE

Kombatant
I actually talked to Microsoft about this. Without making an official statement The rep said that Microsoft and XBOX is committed to supporting backwards compatibility!!!!

So XBOX 720 yes
PS4 probably not

I actually talked to Microsoft about this. Without making an official statement The rep said that Microsoft and XBOX is committed to supporting backwards compatibility!!!!

So XBOX 720 yes
PS4 probably not
My opinion is. If MS does backwards compatibility and makes a deal with TWITCH to stream right out of the console they win the console war. They would bring aboard every FPS and FG competitive player.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Everyone basically know that, regardless of whatever number they throw out concerning processors etc. they are going to be basically the same bloody thing. PS3 and 360 basically are, so again it's going to come down to exclusives/services/games, for me anyway.

Also I hope it doesn't go to Next-Gen, that's what Injustice 2 is for... 52 CHARACTERS ROSTER OR DEATH!

tazzmission

Banned
Everyone basically know that, regardless of whatever number they throw out concerning processors etc. they are going to be basically the same bloody thing. PS3 and 360 basically are, so again it's going to come down to exclusives/services/games, for me anyway.

Also I hope it doesn't go to Next-Gen, that's what Injustice 2 is for... 52 CHARACTERS ROSTER OR DEATH!
i have zero desire for next gen after all the crap i read on both systems

EGGXI

Scary Bat
i have zero desire for next gen after all the crap i read on both systems
"Ours has bells and whistles!"
"Well ours is basically Facebook the console!"
"So is ours! Yours is more like myspace!"
"Instead of a controller you play by wiggling your nose!"
"Yeah, well to afford our console you'll have to take up a side job selling crack!"

... it doesn't matter, I'm sure I'll end up buying which ever costs less and makes my life mildly less miserable then the other.

SCK ERR0R MACR0

Apprentice
My opinion is. If MS does backwards compatibility and makes a deal with TWITCH to stream right out of the console they win the console war. They would bring aboard every FPS and FG competitive player.
You cannot seriously believe that a feature like TWITCH would win the console war, can you? Anyone one genre has only its % to sway--90% of people marketed for a new console don't care about fighting games on that level.

Re-releasing a game on the new consoles has several downsides: it further fragments the user base, which is important for a multi-player game. Multi-player shooters will be facing this problem as well.

Why would anyone even want a port on PS4? Would you really want NRS spending time on porting a game that already exists on current consoles? Why would you buy the exact game again just because it's on a new console? You would want them to upgrade it, right? So spend resources redeveloping a game that was just released 8 months prior...seems like a waste of time. I would rather them take those resources and dedicate them to developing a true next-gen fighter, not some polished port of game that was just released. Just my opinion though.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The way I see it folks, MK10 for next gen consoles, followed by Injustice 2 if the first sells well/has tournament following.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Just curious if anyone has heard anything on this. The game and the console are both scheduled to release in the same year. PS4 being scheduled for a "holiday season release in USA".
Yo' I have that hoodie too bruh!! Hell yeah!!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

tazzmission

Banned
"Ours has bells and whistles!"
"Well ours is basically Facebook the console!"
"So is ours! Yours is more like myspace!"
"Instead of a controller you play by wiggling your nose!"
"Yeah, well to afford our console you'll have to take up a side job selling crack!"

... it doesn't matter, I'm sure I'll end up buying which ever costs less and makes my life mildly less miserable then the other.
i have a computer for all that shit. i want a gaming system plain and simple and as far as i can tell sony and microsoft are more focused on non gaming things ( like you just labeled) so fuck it i wont be dropping any money on it

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
Wait, can't you play any PS system game on PS4 via their gaming network or something ? Forgot how it's called, something starting with G.

tazzmission

Banned
Wait, can't you play any PS system game on PS4 via their gaming network or something ? Forgot how it's called, something starting with G.
there cloud service allows ps1 and 2 games. this also means if you want to play ps3 titles you have to buy them again digitaly instead of the disc copy you have already

You cannot seriously believe that a feature like TWITCH would win the console war, can you?
With the current E-Sports explosion and obsession to stream atm, yes I do. So many gamers are looking to "career" streaming games. It could easily be the deciding factor if all things are pretty much equal with the consoles.

Vagrant

Champion
In the thread title you capitalized injustice and ps4 but not the first letter of the sentence?