What's new

Anyone own MKA Wii?

dreemernj

Ambassador
If so, can you try to hack a save slot? I want to know if it works.

You can copy save games to SD card, move them to a computer, move them back to SD, and open them in the game again. I really want to know if there's any way to hack that up because I still have a feeling every character in the game is at least partially built with the KAF system and that KAFs could be built that use otherwise unallowed accessories with a little hacking ;-)

I am probably wrong about that, but I still want to try :twisted:

dreemernj said:
If so, can you try to hack a save slot? I want to know if it works.

You can copy save games to SD card, move them to a computer, move them back to SD, and open them in the game again. I really want to know if there's any way to hack that up because I still have a feeling every character in the game is at least partially built with the KAF system and that KAFs could be built that use otherwise unallowed accessories with a little hacking ;-)

I am probably wrong about that, but I still want to try :twisted:
Chances are you're right. It seems like they have some attires and things like that that are like the KAF accessories. I'd love to help you but I have no knowledge of hacking. Closest to that was making .bat files to have some fun at my school =P

Cla

Noob
SABER Linkdude said:
If so, is it good?
A couple of the hosts on different G4 shows have said it's just a port of the PS2 version with new Wii controls.

I hope it's not just a straight port. Please tell me they fixed the Fatalities for KAKs, and added the rest of the attacks and weapons for KAKs as well.

I can't even tell. Did they upgrade the graphics at least?

When it comes to the Wii, I am one in no position to judge, but when it comes to change in graphics and KAF I doubt it seriously.
KAFatality is gonna be the same, but with the use of the motion sensor wiimote, probably gonna expect greatness or [even more] problems.
The graphics look the same to me on the Wii compared to the last gen consoles. I hope for something better too, but I surely doubt it.

I had it for Xbox and now I have it for my Wii, and it is essentially the same game with the added Khameleon female character, and no online play. The game can be played with the remote and nunchuk attachment, the classic controller, or Gamecube controller. With the remote, the special moves are done by holding down the trigger (B) and moving the remote in different directions. For example, Ermac's teleslam is done by holding down B and doing an underneath half-circle motion left to right (or right to left depending on position). Moves can be done traditionally with the nunchuk and an attack button, but the game only tells you how to do them with the remote. I prefer doing them traditionally as the game it touchy with hand motions and sometimes the move you wanted to do will do something different.

As for saves, the Wii will place a folder called "private" on your SD card and create a folder for the game in some type of code. For example, on mine I have a folder called R8PE that represents a game, but I have no idea what game it is, and that folder contains a .bin file called "data". I'm guessing that a program like XVI32 will be needed to make changes to the save data.

StuScotsLazyEye said:
I had it for Xbox and now I have it for my Wii, and it is essentially the same game with the added Khameleon female character, and no online play. The game can be played with the remote and nunchuk attachment, the classic controller, or Gamecube controller. With the remote, the special moves are done by holding down the trigger (B) and moving the remote in different directions. For example, Ermac's teleslam is done by holding down B and doing an underneath half-circle motion left to right (or right to left depending on position). Moves can be done traditionally with the nunchuk and an attack button, but the game only tells you how to do them with the remote. I prefer doing them traditionally as the game it touchy with hand motions and sometimes the move you wanted to do will do something different.

As for saves, the Wii will place a folder called "private" on your SD card and create a folder for the game in some type of code. For example, on mine I have a folder called R8PE that represents a game, but I have no idea what game it is, and that folder contains a .bin file called "data". I'm guessing that a program like XVI32 will be needed to make changes to the save data.
Cool.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'd have to disagree with you after playing it of late hehe. It's awesome and I like the fact that it's something new, the graphics are indeed better more crisp but nothing "orgasmic" it still looks a bit better then the other two none the less.

I like the fact that you have the OPTION to change controls, that's good because if you don't like the wii controls just go to classic or GC.

It would have been online btw but nintendo wasn't ready for the console to support online play at the time, Midway however wanted it online. Future games will definitely be online not a doubt in my mind.

They're already starting with UMK3 for the DS coming out in a few months. :wink: