What's new

Anyone here playing Hearthstone?

LiangHuBBB

Warrior
Whats your opinion on this game?

Imo this game is hella addicting. I am not new to card games like this
which means Ive been playing MTG since almost 15 years.
Hearthstone is not so complex like Magic YET it is hella fun, challenging with so many tactics
and so addicting that it keeps you playing forever.
Hell I cant remember when the last time was I had so much fun in an online game.
All the classes feel unique with their specific cards and abilities.
The music is beautiful, the bg graphics got a rly cool art style
and the card animations are pretty cool.
You can even create your own cards!
Right now Im trying to figure out how to build good decks and which cards
are actually useful or not.
The community on the forums are rly friendly and helpful.
There are also tournaments going on with prizes.
I was actually never a fan of any Warcraft games before but with Hearthstone
Blizzard has done a great job in creating a fantastic game and it is even for free!
Kudos to the developers!
I am wondering how long the beta F2P model will keep going on.

There are only a few pointers I got so far.
Add a chat to online mode, increase the deck max size to 40 cards and
add a leaderboard to this game.

Has anyone tried this game yet and how do ya feel about this F2P trading
card game? Whats your experiences so far?

Im glad a friend told me about this game or I wouldve never got into this game.
Lol, I just started playing this game yesterday and already ran into
AngryJoe. XD

Anyone who wanna play vs me feel free to add me on Hearthstone, always looking for a good challenge.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I played it for a couple of matches.

Honestly, it just made me want to play Magic the Gathering, and that's not a rabbit hole I am ever going down again.

Shipetopic

50/50 is the best town to live in !
I play it sometimes, add me : [email protected] or shipetopic.

It is a fun game and does not require to pay much attention and spend a lot of time for it. You can even play while watching TV or something.

Vulcan Hades

Warrior
Why would I play a watered down baby version of MTG?

Magic has so much more depth and deck tech possibilities. It just sucks that you need to pay so much money to compete in Legacy (400$ for a play set of Tarmogoyfs? 200$ for a playset of Liliana of the Veil? No thanks.). Or even to stay on top of things with the constant rotations of standard. But playing casually is still a blast.

STORMS

Co-founder
Owner
Administrator
Founder
Is this the one made by the Cannon brothers or is theirs Stonehearth?

Shipetopic

You are talking about constructed. You can easily play arenas, of course you have to finish it at least 7-3 to make gold flow going, otherwise you will end up loosing gold, therefore i call this mode - "Play well or pay to play" =)

I played MTG only with real cards and only limited amount of time. It didn't hooked me at that time, but i really liked hearthstone for it's simplicity and user friendly interface and animations.

I have recently started this addiction as well. My biggest complaint is that most loses make me feel that the opponent has better cards than I do, not that they outplayed me. With the option of spending real money to buy cards, it really rubs me the wrong way. If it is a free to play game, I should not be at a disadvantage if I don't want to fork over cash.

That being said I do really enjoy the game even when I lose to a better player. I would be happy to play casuals with anyone. add Sallvatore

Why would I play a watered down baby version of MTG?

Magic has so much more depth and deck tech possibilities. It just sucks that you need to pay so much money to compete in Legacy (400$ for a play set of Tarmogoyfs? 200$ for a playset of Liliana of the Veil? No thanks.). Or even to stay on top of things with the constant rotations of standard. But playing casually is still a blast.
Because it's different and it's fun. Magic does indeed have more depth, it has a lot more cards and rules. Unfortunately magic is best played in person with physical cards and not everyone has the convenience of doing that. As opposed to hearth that has a lot of polish and a great online interface.

I have recently started this addiction as well. My biggest complaint is that most loses make me feel that the opponent has better cards than I do, not that they outplayed me. With the option of spending real money to buy cards, it really rubs me the wrong way. If it is a free to play game, I should not be at a disadvantage if I don't want to fork over cash.

That being said I do really enjoy the game even when I lose to a better player. I would be happy to play casuals with anyone. add Sallvatore
I used to think that too, then I got better :-P. I started going mostly 0/3 in arena runs, now my average is 4+ wins regardless of what I draft. The pros average 8+ wins. Watch some of the pros who stream, you'll learn a lot and make less mistakes. Trump has a series called F2P (Free to Play) where he climbs the ladder to legendary without spending any money outside of the game, so it's possible. He would have obviously had an easier time if he farmed arena gold and bought some legendaries to add to his deck but he was able to hit legendary without them.

I used to think that too, then I got better :-P. I started going mostly 0/3 in arena runs, now my average is 4+ wins regardless of what I draft. The pros average 8+ wins. Watch some of the pros who stream, you'll learn a lot and make less mistakes. Trump has a series called F2P (Free to Play) where he climbs the ladder to legendary without spending any money outside of the game, so it's possible. He would have obviously had an easier time if he farmed arena gold and bought some legendaries to add to his deck but he was able to hit legendary without them.
Are you talking about hearthstone?

Shipetopic

That is how all "Free to play" games work. It is free to get in, but when you loosing you get angry and want to fight back as quick as possible. And that is where they get you. As it seems, easiest way to do is to buy packs to get legendary cards and good deck overall.

Last edited:

LiangHuBBB

Warrior
Watch some of the pros who stream, you'll learn a lot and make less mistakes. Trump has a series called F2P (Free to Play) where he climbs the ladder to legendary without spending any money outside of the game, so it's possible.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Never heard of this channel before, but now I will check out his vids and look up for some tips.

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
I only play Hearthstone these days lmao ... I barely turn on my PS3 these days ... I have a friend here at work who also plays it ... all the freggin time ... his priest is level 60, mage level 60 ... and I dunno what other stuff he has but we talk about it all day ...

I haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time!! I main warrior, also cuz I have so many goodies for Shammy and Druid I started playing them as well ...

chugfat

Kwan Doa Crow
Ohhhh yes I play Hearthstone now, and I can understand how you feel coming from MTG. Hearthstone doesnt feel as complex, but it is insanely fun and very addictive.

One of the things I enjoyed most about MTG was the opening of packs, it felt like Christmas every time:p. With Hearthstone, it feels even better, knowing that if I get a bunch of shit I don't really need I can just disenchant those cards, or wait it out to see how valuable they might be in the future metagame.

Unlike with the commons and junk rares in MTG, becoming the piles of cards laying around your house basically telling you to hold dat (unless of course you use them as fire kindling, which I've heard the case of one person doing so:p).

And honestly, looking back on it now, I do regret spending the amount of money that I did on MTG. I spent 10 bucks to buy packs in Hearthstone just to get me into the game, and I have no desire to spend any more and I have no regrets about it, either.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
The game is pretty excellent, but I just couldn't quite get into it. I checked it out during the beta. All of my friends play MTG - I do not.

The last CCG I really got into was, of all things, Eye of Judgment for PS3, which was an insanely underrated card game.