What's new

Anyone have a working copy of MKT for PC they would be willing to share?

The current one that I have has no sound and has some slight bugs to it. I can upload it to a site like rapidshare or megaupload if you're interested in seeing it.

Well, the version I have says 1.1. Would you be willing to share that final one you have 9.95? Also, I think I understand why my version has no sound in it now (since it is only version 1.1).

Well, the version I have says 1.1. Would you be willing to share that final one you have 9.95? Also, I think I understand why my version has no sound in it now (since it is only version 1.1).
Okay yea im pretty sure I have 1.1 aswell. I want the final edition lmao. How is it different to the one we have?

I'm guessing it has sound, kano mk1 has an actual animality, you can actually close it without ctrl + alt + del, you can play as chameleon..etc;

Noob
This is taken from Wikipedia about MKT

-There were at least three public revisions of this game for the PlayStation. With each revision, aspects of the gameplay were refined, producing gameplay closer to Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the Arcade. The final version was the Greatest Hits edition. Many of the infinites and bugs found in the game only existed in earlier revisions.

-There were at least two public revisions of this game for the Nintendo 64. There was little difference between them.

-There were at least two public revisions of this game for the PC. The PC version is a direct port of the PlayStation version. The Final version (indicated by the word 'final' next to the version number in the about dialog box) has gameplay identical to the Greatest Hits PlayStation version. The Windows revision, however, became unplayable following Windows 2000 and subsequent variants (the game would crash frequently). There is an unofficial patch available (updating the game to version 1.1) that removes the code where the game interfaces with the hardware, thus eliminating the bugs.

So it sounds as if 1.1 is actually a patched "Final" version.

This is taken from Wikipedia about MKT

-There were at least three public revisions of this game for the PlayStation. With each revision, aspects of the gameplay were refined, producing gameplay closer to Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the Arcade. The final version was the Greatest Hits edition. Many of the infinites and bugs found in the game only existed in earlier revisions.

-There were at least two public revisions of this game for the Nintendo 64. There was little difference between them.

-There were at least two public revisions of this game for the PC. The PC version is a direct port of the PlayStation version. The Final version (indicated by the word 'final' next to the version number in the about dialog box) has gameplay identical to the Greatest Hits PlayStation version. The Windows revision, however, became unplayable following Windows 2000 and subsequent variants (the game would crash frequently). There is an unofficial patch available (updating the game to version 1.1) that removes the code where the game interfaces with the hardware, thus eliminating the bugs.

So it sounds as if 1.1 is actually a patched "Final" version.

Not sure about this but Wikipedia has gotten MANY things wrong about MK.

Noob
Not that I trust everything I read on Wikipedia, but this I tend to believe for certain reasons. If you're into roms and such, then you know that MKT for the 64 comes in 2 flavors(1.0 and 1.1 or 1.2, don't remember the specifics), which matches up with what Wiki says there. I've also read on other sources that the PC MKT has different revisions and that the "Final" one is the closest to the GH PSX game.

Also, if you google for Mortal Kombat Trilogy 1.1, you'll come up with a few links that show that the 1.1 is a patched version of MKT for WinXP.

Noob
i don't know much about the roms for trilogy im just sayin that wiki has some bs on it
Of course, b/c it's basically open for anyone to modify freely. Anyway, it's not just the Trilogy Roms, but any roms that have versions, ie:SNES MK2, where there are versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2.

What I'm trying to say is that based on their knowledge of existing versions of MKT on both the PSX and on the N64(which is correct info btw), I tend to believe the info about the PC version having 2 versions.

dreemernj

Ambassador
I used to have a version of mkt for pc that played like a slightly earlier version of psx. There was a bit less gravity and crazier combos were possible. Eventually ded_ clued me in to the (Final) version that I have now. I haven't found any differences between how that plays and how the greatest hits edition of mkt plays.

The sound is always an issue though as far as I can tell. There are at least some things that won't work correctly if you're not playing it in windows 9x. And using a usb gamepad seems to make more issues sometimes.

Swapping copies probably won't fix anything. When I get a chance I'll probably fire mkt up again to see how it runs with GIT (to allow internet play) and I will mess around with some other helper apps to try and get the sound all working right.

Well, when you guys find a way to put sound on it, may you send me or post a download to it? I appreciate all of the input too. :D

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
dude if mkt pc is a port of the playstation version, i wouldnt want that shit. mine would fuckin freeze when i beat the game on any tower...no kidding