What's new

Question Anyone have a use for Rocket Power??

Saffa

Noob
Seriously, what is this thing good for?

Only time I use it is when it comes out accidentally, and even then it never does anything good.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Advanced zoning since you can direct it's range you could mix it up with OA's rocket when they start crouching. I know someone uses it in their setup 223 trait and rocket to put them at a good distance (forgot the purpose) I've seen videos where it's used in some advanced combos though I wouldn't try it because of online delay I'd probably miss it every time.

I don't use it much either but I can see myself incorporating it when zoning.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Advanced zoning since you can direct it's range and must block high (like sinestros boulder) you could mix it up with OA's rocket when they start crouching. I know someone uses it in their setup 223 trait and rocket to put them at a good distance (forgot the purpose) I've seen videos where it's used in some advanced combos though I wouldn't try it because of online delay I'd probably miss it every time.

I don't use it much either but I can see myself incorporating it when zoning.
It actually doesn't hit overhead, just mid. I think maybe if you MB it, the second shot is overhead, but the first one definitely is not. For what it's worth, it does a lot of block stun, but it's still really slow

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Yeah it should be overhead because of it's speed, oh well some blocked damage is better than none.

Gimmick

Noob
this special seems to be just a filler move. I have not been able to find anything viable with it, plus using ex version just seems to be a waste of meter since you gain nothing out of it.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
I use it when randoms are crouching 3/4 away. I use the plus frames to send an OAs rocket at them.

If you get a hit on jump you can get a good combo.

I sometimes put it at the end of strings if I have made them afraid to press buttons.

It really doesn't have a place in most competitive Mus.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
If you are talking about the jet engine.....then I think is a good special. You just have to find use of it. After some knock downs you air use it to get fast behind them and continue pressure. It has very fast recovery on WIFF. I am using it as a combo ender(wiff). Let say ending with 223 engine(wiff) and going for b1,3 or b1,2. from the other side.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I use it when randoms are crouching 3/4 away. I use the plus frames to send an OAs rocket at them.

If you get a hit on jump you can get a good combo.

I sometimes put it at the end of strings if I have made them afraid to press buttons.

It really doesn't have a place in most competitive Mus.
If they block Rocket power while crouching, does it force them to stand? Although I agree that it gives good advantage on block (provided that the frame data in-game is actually correct), if it doesn't force them to stand, your Oa's rocket is just going to go over them, and depending on the character, they may still be able to get a punish on you.

I definitely agree that it doesn't seem to have much use in many match ups.

rzn

Noob
No, it doesn't force stand on block. And, tbh, even if it did, you usually would do Rocket Power from a large enough distance so they could just duck your OA after blocking RP.

Ravensbaine

Welcome to the Chaos Dimension
It gives really good advantage on block and i believe it is used in a frame trap(I could be mistaken) its also a decent kid show

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
If you are talking about the jet engine.....then I think is a good special. You just have to find use of it. After some knock downs you air use it to get fast behind them and continue pressure. It has very fast recovery on WIFF. I am using it as a combo ender(wiff). Let say ending with 223 engine(wiff) and going for b1,3 or b1,2. from the other side.
A high level player will just be crouching to block that "cross up" and it'll get blocked every time, the whiffed Turbine Smash gives you perfect distance to cross over your opponent and hit them with a jump in light (j1) or j3 AFTER you've conditioned them to block low.

I personally prefer j1 over j2 and j3 because of it's active frames in the air. If you jump in the air near an oppnent and hit light, it'll stay active the whole time you're in the air.