What's new

anyone else worried their internet might ruin injustice?

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
i have Verizon LTE(Mobile Hotspot)and if you have to ask why it's because this house i reside in was originally suppose to be a weekend lake house that we'll check in on unfortunately it's been many months since we actually left this house and it's been designated as our new home for the time being

by this point you would assume we would get better internet unfortunately you would be wrong we usually take the hotspot with us on vacation(Rolling in A RV....)and my dad has made no attempts to switch to a new provider despite the fact that verizon charges extra after we've gone past 90% internet usage

why is this alarming? because this previous sunday when i picked up luigi's mansion dark moon at gamestop i put down $10 on the standard injustice gods among us(PS3)since i was gonna get it anyways and it seemed pointless not to pre-order at that point

i probably should be wondering what I'll do about my internet situation but i have tried to forget that and keep on getting hyped for the game

it just keeps coming back to me....there's no local scene here and any people i play offline i destroy with ease because they aren't really people that play fighting games

so without a stable internet connection i might as well quit fighting games and that's something i just can't do

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Bad Internet is why I'm good.
Preach.

But seriously unless you ugrade internet I'm guessing online isn't really an option? I mean I would still get the game for offline but that's just me. Allegedly the netcode is better, or it should be, but I don't know how much of a help that will be.

Some other guys, I can't remember on which thread, were chatting about what the standard up/down speed you'll need for a decent game.

Neclord

Kombatant
I am not worried, because my internet connection seems to be pretty good. Even MK9 online was playable for me somehow.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I'm skeptical of IGAU's online, but I'm hoping. Something tells me things did get fixed. You don't just sit back for 2 years and come back with still bad netcode, unless you're SNKP. Even TTT2 had pretty solid netcode, and SFxT finally busted the myth that rollback would be impossible with a game like SFxT.

Judging from how IGAU looks in general, there's a lot of stuff that they seemed to have fixed, on an outward glance. I haven't seen any instance of input bug, and they seem to have gotten the hang of frame data and pushback, judging on a few things.

Psychotropic

Semi-Casual
My internet is gooood! I am from the place with the fastest internet in my country :D But 2 other people in the household use it and both of those plays Guild Wars 2 like a fiend :( However I will gouge their eyes out if they think they're using up a ton of bandwidth from now on >:)

Crimson Cobra

The Ultimate Shadow
okay here's the weird part down here i was never able to get a clear match in UMVC3(usually it was quite laggy)although i got a good chunk of decent/clear matches when playing playstation all stars battle royale

is there a reason for that or was i just lucky? wondered if that game had a better netcode or something because that gives me some hope that injustice online won't be a failed attempt

D

Deleted member 5032

they said that net code is fixed in a interview with hector.
He did, but he also said that fixing the netcode can only do so much, and for fans to be realistic about how much of a difference solid netcode can make. A shity connection is a shitty connection, regardless of netcode, and online will always be laggier than offline. As Hector himself said, that's just physics.