What's new

Anyone Else Have This Issue? Passion Towards Games

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
What I realized is whenever I play a video game my mind starts to focus and think about totally different game series like god of war, legacy of kain, etc. For example while i'm playing mortal kombat 11, its like i'm not focused on playing it but rather fantasize on different games or possible new games that would be like * woah that would be dope a gothic vampire open world game* interest. I am a Mk fan don't get me wrong but for some reason its like i can't really feel satisfied. It could be my depression, bipolar, or thought process. I honestly hate it when your broke and interested in more than one game series at the same time. Why has our mind been conditioned to focus in that manner?

Any advice or support would be appreciated..

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I want to get better at fighting games, but at the end of the day I'm a casual player. When I cant focus on getting better I take a break.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
What I realized is whenever I play a video game my mind starts to focus and think about totally different game series like god of war, legacy of kain, etc. For example while i'm playing mortal kombat 11, its like i'm not focused on playing it but rather fantasize on different games or possible new games that would be like * woah that would be dope a gothic vampire open world game* interest. I am a Mk fan don't get me wrong but for some reason its like i can't really feel satisfied. It could be my depression, bipolar, or thought process. I honestly hate it when your broke and interested in more than one game series at the same time. Why has our mind been conditioned to focus in that manner?

Any advice or support would be appreciated..
Does the game feel like you need to do better at it than you think you can?

I could turn this thread into an entire philosophy lecture, but the simple answer is, it’s human nature in our current culture.

Modern humans by nature have a constant desire to consume, other wise we would still be playing with our first childhood toy. The thrill of the hunt is always more satisfying than the kill itself, or to paraphrase the joker, humans are like dogs chasing their own tails, once you catch it you wouldn’t know what to do with it.

It’s completely normal to feel the way you do and often times if you do have any sort of psychological issues like depression or anxiety, the desire to constantly find something to fill a void can be heightened , but everyone to some extent or another will never find some ultimate satisfaction once they get something they want. Reality simply can’t live up to any expectation you have in your mind for something.

On a personal note, 3 days after MK11 came out I already started thinking about what MK12 should be.

MK11 makes me think (read: want to play) MKX. Other than that, I've never daydreamed while playing a game... If I'm at that level of distraction/boredom, I'd simply go play whatever I was yearning for instead... or read a book.

Bliss

Noob
You're burnt out.

If you really want to focus use the gaming steroid: Adderall that Sonic Fox OD's on.