What's new

Question anyone else afraid 2 use bane's AA as an AA???

yo this move get stuffed hard somestimes ..do you guys benefit from using this on reation? ive only had succes with it on reads and combos..also do you guys think that AAs in this game having some invincibility to air attacks would hurt or benfit it???

No because they always win and its free damage when they try to jump in
AA grabs are the best AAs in the game bar none.
PS Lobo has one. pay to win pay to win pay to win woot!

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Standing 2 is his best non-armored AA because of its absurd reach and ability to nullify some cross-over attempts Venomed d.b.2 is his best high AA against people like hawkgirl with trait, or people air dashing in Venomed b.f.2 is his best general AA because of its also absurd reach and its safety on block, meaning if they decide to try to and predict that uppercut you can stuff them or be non-punishable.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
interesting ... standing 2 is only good 4 crossups not jumpins?
Its kinda multi-purpose since you can cancel 2 into other stuff, but nothing stops cross-ups quite like standing 2, plus you can follow it up with stuff like 123 Body for some decent damage and a start to your oki game.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
His Anti air throw sucks. The only reason to use it is if they jump in and you don't have time to do a proper anti air, you venom into it instead. Otherwise, the poor hitbox and horrible positioning doesn't warrant you ever use it as a choice anti air.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
His Anti air throw sucks. The only reason to use it is if they jump in and you don't have time to do a proper anti air, you venom into it instead. Otherwise, the poor hitbox and horrible positioning doesn't warrant you ever use it as a choice anti air.
Actually don't think it gets armor from venom

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Actually don't think it gets armor from venom
Pretty sure it doesn't, but havne't testit tbh.

Op it seems to only be reliabe on reads. Otherwise it whifs for me everytime. I stick with Venom Uppercut though I need to try useing that standing 2, been hearing it works well.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It's good for stopping Doomsday's Supernova.

If it had better reach I think it'd be amazing. I don't know why they'd give AA grabs such shit reach when so many jump-ins have absurd hitboxes.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
It's good for stopping Doomsday's Supernova.

If it had better reach I think it'd be amazing. I don't know why they'd give AA grabs such shit reach when so many jump-ins have absurd hitboxes.
haven't tried this, always attempt to fwd dash. will it stop a MB nova?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly against supernova I like to do venom upper. If you catch him at the very peak of it, you can chain in d.1 into double punch following, but only at the very very peak. Otherwise you just get good oki.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Honestly against supernova I like to do venom upper. If you catch him at the very peak of it, you can chain in d.1 into double punch following, but only at the very very peak. Otherwise you just get good oki.
Interesting.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I use his db2 without venom and it gets stuffed hard by certain characters. Well since jumping attacks are different for everyone it gets stuffed by certain characters faster than I can react to the jump it seems like. Black Adam is a big one.

I don't feel like having to venom just to AA someone...

RYX

BIG PUSHER
It will be better when we know when to AA grab. The priority on it is amazing, it will have its uses.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It will be better when we know when to AA grab. The priority on it is amazing, it will have its uses.
The priority and the speed ('I think its 9 frames?) are both great, and even the range is amazing. Unscaled, it even gives more meter than d.b.f.3... But it pretty much toasts our chances of staying in on the opponent because of the positioning it leaves them in and all.