What's new

Any word on the PDP MKX Pads?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
I ordered one directly from the PDP site on April 1st with 2-day shipping. Was supposed to arrive on April 3rd, but then I saw people talking about it getting delayed. Tried to email their sales department directly and haven't heard anything at all... which is kinda ridiculous. Anyone have any information on it? I saw someone post some crap on Twitter that "it would be out in time for the game" but I'm not finding anything to support that claim so far.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I ordered one directly from the PDP site on April 1st with 2-day shipping. Was supposed to arrive on April 3rd, but then I saw people talking about it getting delayed. Tried to email their sales department directly and haven't heard anything at all... which is kinda ridiculous. Anyone have any information on it? I saw someone post some crap on Twitter that "it would be out in time for the game" but I'm not finding anything to support that claim so far.
They got delayed a week. I picked mine up yesterday at GameStop and the GameStop website had 4/7 listed as the official release date too.

StevoSuprem0

Yeah that's what I heard, but I haven't heard if/when the company itself is filling orders through their own site. Thinking it was a mistake to order it through them instead of Gamestop... but now I'm kinda stuck lol. Really hoping they answer my email. Thanks for the response.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Yeah that's what I heard, but I haven't heard if/when the company itself is filling orders through their own site. Thinking it was a mistake to order it through them instead of Gamestop... but now I'm kinda stuck lol. Really hoping they answer my email. Thanks for the response.
No problem. That really is shitty that third parties can get the damn thing out to us before the manufacturers themselves. Hope yours comes soon.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Just picked up 4 yesterday (2 were for KombatNetwork raffle winners). First round will be hard to find if you didn't preorder.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I picked mine up yesterday from Gamestop as well. Everything Phil said in his review I pretty much agree with. The pad feels great and really responsive. The only issue I have is trying to get used to the 6 button pad layout again. I haven't played on a pad like that since the Sega days. But that more of a "ME" issue not the pad.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I got mine yesterday.

From practicing MK9 with it I can tell that its much better than xbox one pad but not better than ps2 pads.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I picked mine up yesterday from Gamestop as well. Everything Phil said in his review I pretty much agree with. The pad feels great and really responsive. The only issue I have is trying to get used to the 6 button pad layout again. I haven't played on a pad like that since the Sega days. But that more of a "ME" issue not the pad.
The issue I have is how tiny the damn dpad is compared to that hockey puck they set into my Madcatz Brawlpad to pass as a dpad. This PDP pad was amazing for doing things like Johnny Cage combos with lots of quick dash inputs, but I struggled real hard getting half circle motions off cancelled normals in USF4 with Dudley. Hopefully I just need to get used to it but so far that's my only issue.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
It's bad. The Left Bumper and Right Bumper just gets in the way of things!!!!!!

Plus it feels so light. I want my controller to have some type of weight to it.

I'm sending the crap right back to GameStop.

StevoSuprem0

I just said fuck it and told them to cancel my order lol. They don't answer the phone and they don't respond to emails, so screw it. Hopefully they are least read that one and get it done. I called my local Gamestop and they still had one, so I asked them to set it aside and I'm picking it up on my way home. Problem solved... kinda... lol. Thanks fellas.

Damicky

LameGame
I picked one up yesterday and I loved the look of the pad, but I just wasn't feeling it. The micro-switches were good, but with the buttons being almost flush with the body made them feel mushy. The D-Pad was solid, but it was still the "Xbox" style D-Pad where its all one piece. Might just be personal preference but I feel the PS/Sony style D-Pad is way better where each direction is a separate button.

The shoulder buttons were probably my biggest gripe to be honest. They're hollow feeling and have a reallllly audible click when pressed, which to me made them feel really cheap. Also, the weight of the controller was a problem for me, but that is a personal preference type of thing. In my opinion, I think some people will like it, but others will hate it. It's an awesome design aesthetically, but for me it felt like a third-party controller that has that "Gamestop" branding (you know, the ones that actually say Gamestop on the controller itself).

I was really excited for the controller because I thought it was what I wanted, but left wanting more for $50. Swapped it for a DualShock 4 controller.

Mr. Yutani

Don't know karate but I know karazy.
When Killer Instinct came out I wished that someone would come out with a 6 button fightpad for the Xbox One since the button placement for the standard Xbox One controller doesnt lend itself well to fighting games. Now that the PDP MK fightpad is out I might actually look into it. Appreciate the feedback guys.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Think you guys are being AWFULLY harsh. Picked two up today one for each system. I play on stick, but have always been able to go back and forth in a lot of games if necessary. Really like the way the Dpad stays in place going in any of the four directions. It doesn't have that floaty problem 360 pads do, and is essentially what the Xbone default controller SHOULD have felt like. It's a good click (not a literal click) when picking a direction and it's like the best alternative possible for not having the separate button presses for each direction like the dual shock has (it's actually all the same button on those much like these, just is seperated by the grooves in the controller so they appear separate)

The bumpers/triggers to me are PERFECT for MK, as they are a very generous size, have a great click, a literal click this time, and are super responsive, sans microswitch. I think the triggers are the absolute most important part of an MK game/controller/button config, as the block button is our lifes blood. It's a one frame activation that is going to be needed to be pressed often and always. For defense for combos for footsies, etc. Was scared at first but i love it. They have an audible different sound than the microswitch face buttons, which if you're playing against players who pick up on that sort of thing (getting hella meta here) might be somewhat of an obvious tell (along with the fact that your characters going to be blocking on screen, go figure) so it's something to think about. The microswitch buttons are different, but I can see the vision and I don't think they'll be too much of a problem. Just going to have to really press down (which I personally already do). It's a light controller without feeling flimsy, and as a smash brothers dabbler, I personally know what a multi hour session with constant trigger pressing can feel like with a heavy controller and a lite one. I'd choose light everytime. I'm going to practice some Kabal run cancel stuff, and Jax and johnny BnB's just to get the proper feel in a little bit. Also will try KI and see how it feels (although I'm staying on stick in that forever). My initial thoughts are that these are well worth it . . . don't mind the capture card. Stream coming soon ;)

Last edited:

NurzBenny

Old Member
Also random, and if this gets buried I'll just make a thread and beg for forgiveness, but if old PS3 sticks work for PS4 for MKX, will old wired PS3 controllers work as well? ala this

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Was practicing with the PDP fightpad and I'm getting more used to it. It really does feel responsive. I can get Kabal NDC down with the fight pad no problem. Like I said earlier, it's just getting use to the pad. I've been switching between the PDP and DS4 while practicing just to get a better hand of it. I really am glad I picked this up.

I really think most of the issue has to do with just preference.

C-Sword

Noob
Mine shipped from Amazon earlier today, with luck, I'll get it monday and test it out with GG XRD, I personally think that's the perfect game to test how good is the pad.

Legion DC

"Another weakling..."
Got an Amazon email that my MK fightpad will be delivered Thursday, April 9. Thats tomorrow my friends!:)

For the last week I've been on a wild goose chase to find one for the Xbox One/360 here in Chicago. This weekend they slowly started popping up EVERYWHERE but only for the PS4/PS3 . I'm glad to report that I finally got my hands on one for the Xbox!

The lovely lady at the Gamestop also told me that MKX for the PS3 is delayed until June...

Danno

Noob
Preordered mine on Amazon around the first week of when the pdp trailer came out for them. Last week it said estimated arrival date 17th and 2 days ago it said it shipped out. Received the pad today and I love the feel of it and I can't wait to get MKX going with it.