What's new

General/Other - Unbreakable Any unbreakable players out there?

I've been using unbreakable for a bit now but it's not always the best option but it's really fun. Does anyone have any tips or strategies with him that could help?

boba_buster

Noob saibot
The risk reward for the parry is so bad it's never a good move to use . And as good as aura is it will not make or break a match and is out shined by GM and cryo's specials

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Something in the corner that works well is b2 b2 b12 then mb aura 123. Youll get some nice damage and now have your mb ice aura on. Yeah be very weary of using parry. Only if you notice that your opponent loves constantly attacking. Condition your opponents to wanna punish your strings. Sub is very negative so if you throw out, let's say an empty b12 a few times they will try to punish. That's when you start throwing the parry out remind them its there. Something that works as well is if they jump over you and don't attack then parry. When someone jumps over you that usually means they are gonna follow up with an attack immediately. Hope some of this helps! Unbreakable is my favorite variation of his lol...too bad it isn't great!

Something in the corner that works well is b2 b2 b12 then mb aura 123. Youll get some nice damage and now have your mb ice aura on. Yeah be very weary of using parry. Only if you notice that your opponent loves constantly attacking. Condition your opponents to wanna punish your strings. Sub is very negative so if you throw out, let's say an empty b12 a few times they will try to punish. That's when you start throwing the parry out remind them its there. Something that works as well is if they jump over you and don't attack then parry. When someone jumps over you that usually means they are gonna follow up with an attack immediately. Hope some of this helps! Unbreakable is my favorite variation of his lol...too bad it isn't great!
Very true, its prob my fav variation in the whole game but it just lacks so much

The way i have been using him revolves around the B12 reset. In the corner he can do pretty good damage with this but they might block it.

For mid-screen off of a B12 punish if you have meter - B12 xx freeze ~ B12 xx MBAura xx B12 ~ B2 xx RC F42 xx slide 43%
B12 xx freeze ~ B12 xx Aura ~ B33 xx EXfreeze ~ 242 xx RC xx B12 xx Frost Bomb 42%

For corner off of a Low - B33 xx Freeze ~ B12 xx MBAura xx B12 ~ B2 ~ B2 ~ B12 xx frost bomb 51%

Keep in mind that these are resets. If im going to use the B2 for the reset i only do it if i have MB aura on. Bc if i get blown up ill take less damage.
If i have regular aura on ill go for the b33 exfreeze since its safe. As far as the parry goes Brozki hit the nail on the head. I strictly only use if for people who abuse wake ups in the corner or if im pressured on certain match ups. the parry is VERY UNSAFE.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Unbreakable is Sub-Zero's only variation I like, hence I am an Unbreakable player. Cryomancer and Grandmaster are pretty much objectively better however and there is little reason to use Unbreakable over those two.

The way i have been using him revolves around the B12 reset. In the corner he can do pretty good damage with this but they might block it.

For mid-screen off of a B12 punish if you have meter - B12 xx freeze ~ B12 xx MBAura xx B12 ~ B2 xx RC F42 xx slide 43%
B12 xx freeze ~ B12 xx Aura ~ B33 xx EXfreeze ~ 242 xx RC xx B12 xx Frost Bomb 42%

For corner off of a Low - B33 xx Freeze ~ B12 xx MBAura xx B12 ~ B2 ~ B2 ~ B12 xx frost bomb 51%

Keep in mind that these are resets. If im going to use the B2 for the reset i only do it if i have MB aura on. Bc if i get blown up ill take less damage.
If i have regular aura on ill go for the b33 exfreeze since its safe. As far as the parry goes Brozki hit the nail on the head. I strictly only use if for people who abuse wake ups in the corner or if im pressured on certain match ups. the parry is VERY UNSAFE.
Nice bro, I like it

boba_buster

Noob saibot

That's a great game plan but damn where u getting all that meter from?!?

I think it takes like 23 ice burst and/or auras to build one bar of meter , that's a lot of aura burst lol
Well if im getting my ass kicked it helps lol. Or taking hits after activating MB aura. Unbreakable builds better meter than cryo at least. Still not as good as GM. But either way if i play for high damage and resets usually ill have some meter. But if you really want to penny pinch on meter here are some meter less options for you.

Corner- B33 xx freeze ~ B12 xx aura ~ B2 ~ B2 ~ B12 xx ice burst 46%

Mid screen B12 punish- B12 xx freeze ~ B12 xx aura ~ B2 ~ RC ~ F42 xx slide 38%

These put you at risk though.