What's new

Question - Kotal Kahn Any tourney or pro kotal matches on youtube?

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
You should also look at KingBlackToof on youtube. Has both Kotal Kahn combos, in-depth tech videos and gameplay. Also has some useful information for more than just the war god variation

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
Any major names he beat on the way to victory?
At paradise found he beat KT Smith a really good kung jin twice and he went last match with REO's Quan Chi which is really hard to do with any character at any skill level. You could learn a lot from those sets and the tourney he won was called That Mortal Kombat Weekly (TMWK) if you want to check that out.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
At paradise found he beat KT Smith a really good kung jin twice and he went last match with REO's Quan Chi which is really hard to do with any character at any skill level. You could learn a lot from those sets and the tourney he won was called That Mortal Kombat Weekly (TMWK) if you want to check that out.
He didn't just take it to the last match with REO either. He was one messed up punish away from winning as I recall. Really good match that one.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
A tournament win is a win.
Im really just asking because he appears to be a huge factor. Appears. But from what i read his moves are just slow and a lot of his abilities are a bit pointless.

Second Saint

A tournament win is a win.
Im really just asking because he appears to be a huge factor. Appears. But from what i read his moves are just slow and a lot of his abilities are a bit pointless.
What do you mean by he appears to be a huge factor? He as in Kotal, Mr. Aqua, or reo? Is there a word missing? A factor in what?

His combo starters are a bit slow at 9-11 frames, but his pokes are some of the best in the game. He also has great footsies, frame traps, and mixups (in War God). There are some cons to the character, sure. He can be zoned fairly easily, as previously stated his combo starters are kind of slow, and a few of his moves are situational and one of them (blood totem) is actually bugged and doesn't work right. Kotal isn't a bad character. I'd say he'll be around upper mid tier, possibly top 10, but only time will tell that for certain.

Also, we really need to give a shout out to Pnut, who made top 8 at Texas Showdown, in this thread. That was a crazy good match against Justin Wong. There was another Kotal who made it to top 16, but he got bodied by Chris G and then had to mirror match Pnut.

Reauxbot

What do you mean by he appears to be a huge factor? He as in Kotal, Mr. Aqua, or reo? Is there a word missing? A factor in what?

His combo starters are a bit slow at 9-11 frames, but his pokes are some of the best in the game. He also has great footsies, frame traps, and mixups (in War God). There are some cons to the character, sure. He can be zoned fairly easily, as previously stated his combo starters are kind of slow, and a few of his moves are situational and one of them (blood totem) is actually bugged and doesn't work right. Kotal isn't a bad character. I'd say he'll be around upper mid tier, possibly top 10, but only time will tell that for certain.

Also, we really need to give a shout out to Pnut, who made top 8 at Texas Showdown, in this thread. That was a crazy good match against Justin Wong. There was another Kotal who made it to top 16, but he got bodied by Chris G and then had to mirror match Pnut.
I should say he looks like a pretty destructive character. Like when you see him being chosen at the select screen you should be like "Awh Fuck, Kahn..." Didnt know RREO played him.
I love frame trap characters. Hmmmm

Second Saint

I should say he looks like a pretty destructive character. Like when you see him being chosen at the select screen you should be like "Awh Fuck, Kahn..." Didnt know RREO played him.
I love frame trap characters. Hmmmm
Oh no, Reo doesn't play him...that I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if REO plays basically everyone. He was just one of the potential he's you could've been talking about. I just wanted clarification. Rico Suave also plays Kotal, but I don't know if he's been to a tournament yet.

Reauxbot

Oh no, Reo doesn't play him...that I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if REO plays basically everyone. He was just one of the potential he's you could've been talking about. I just wanted clarification. Rico Suave also plays Kotal, but I don't know if he's been to a tournament yet.
Does Rico have a youtube channel i can catch some footage on?
Hes probably busy in the gym

Second Saint

Does Rico have a youtube channel i can catch some footage on?
Hes probably busy in the gym
There's his twitch channel, but he hasn't streamed MK in awhile. I'm actually not sure if he's still sticking with MK X.

You can scroll down a bit here and see some of his footage though. There's hours of it, but a lot of it is just him learning combos or learning bad matchups. There is plenty of match footage too of course, you might just have to skip around in a 3 hour file to get right to it though.

http://www.twitch.tv/imricosuave/profile/past_broadcasts