What's new

Any tournaments or locals in Des Moines Iowa or states around Iowa? Want to win money!

I’m new to tym but have been playing competitive since mk9. I wanted to know if there were any locals or tournaments that are held in Des Moines Iowa or states near Iowa. Looking for hungry competitors!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I've been trying to organize an NRS scene here in Eastern Iowa for 8 years. It hasn't gone well. There's always plenty of people playing Capcom games, and other more obscure fighters, but never an NRS game. We've had little flare ups where it seems like people are starting to be interested, only to be quickly snuffed out. I've driven to tournaments where I was the only NRS player that bothered to show up.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm not opposed to trying again, but I highly doubt we'll get anything meaningful organized. Do you have any friends playing?

I see. Damn man that’s so unfortunate. I wish there’s something that we could that would seem legit and bring people out because I have to stay in Iowa for a little while but I’m really trying to level up. I did have people to play with on Xbox but I made the full switch to ps4 and those friends only play shooters. So no I dont have people to play mk with.