What's new

Any pad players that can play for a long time? My thumb is shot

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I'm just wondering if any pad players share my problem of playing too long for one day and the next few days being incapable of playing for longer than a few matches? My thumb that is used for the pad is beyond tender and sore and was wondering if it will get better with time or should I just switch to stick?

I'm just wondering if any pad players share my problem of playing too long for one day and the next few days being incapable of playing for longer than a few matches? My thumb that is used for the pad is beyond tender and sore and was wondering if it will get better with time or should I just switch to stick?
I believe I have experienced this before. Given that I usually don't play MK9 for a few days at a time now, this issue hasn't occurred recently.

I'm sure a good break from MK9 is all your thumb needs.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I believe I have experienced this before. Given that I usually don't play MK9 for a few days at a time now, this issue hasn't occurred recently.
I'm sure a good break from MK9 is all your thumb needs.
But, but, I wanna play. :( STUPID GAME!!!!! HURTING MY THUMBS! #firstworldprobs
Just grind it out, Your muscles get used to it over time, Like when you play a guitar ect.
my thumb is gonna build callous?????

But, but, I wanna play. :( STUPID GAME!!!!! HURTING MY THUMBS! #firstworldprobs

my thumb is gonna build callous?????
Did you know I took a break from MK9 for a few weeks?
When I came back, I was rusty with all of my fighters, except for the one I cared most about: Kratos. My brain essentially drained most of the proficiency I built with my other characters, and transferred it into Kratos.
What I'm saying is that when you come back from a good break, your mind will be refreshed.

If you grind it out, I think your thumb may get something out of it....not saying it will be anything good.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Oh yes. Its gonna ache from time to time.
But you give it enough practice, and you wont even notice anymore.
... Unless you play Kabal :coffee:.
IVE BEEN WORKING ON DASH CANCELLING ALL NIGHT... Stupid sound effect makes me giggle like a school girl so I just do it endlessly. T_T

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
That happens when the pad is new. After 70-80 hours of play time it feels much better!

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Did you know I took a break from MK9 for a few weeks?
When I came back, I was rusty with all of my fighters, except for the one I cared most about: Kratos. My brain essentially drained most of the proficiency I built with my other characters, and transferred it into Kratos.
What I'm saying is that when you come back from a good break, your mind will be refreshed.

If you grind it out, I think your thumb may get something out of it....not saying it will be anything good.
I just want to know how Reo plays kabal on pad. T_T I have the hardest time.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
That happens when the pad is new. After 70-80 hours of play time it feels much better!
My madcats fightpad is the ken one from sf4 when it first released... its been broken in for years! :( My newer madcats SFxT one doesn't hurt as bad, but the button gets stuck sometimes so I had to switch back to my older pad :(
Thats the reason i switched to the stick i was tired of my thumb being abused
Buy me a stick and I promise to learn it, lol. :p

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
IVE BEEN WORKING ON DASH CANCELLING ALL NIGHT... Stupid sound effect makes me giggle like a school girl so I just do it endlessly. T_T

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, so you ARE playing Kabal...yeah, that'd probably do the trick.
I still have a hard time getting his tricks in motion without my hand getting sore ;_;.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Give it a day or so and give it a little break, get some kind of moisturiser or hand cream for it, as that is helpful.

I play guitar and on pad, so like all 4 fingers plus my thumb on my left hand have a thick rock solid callus on the tips, and my right thumb has the same. Something that helps is making sure your fingers/thumb isnt too dry when playing on the pad so it causes friction and becomes painful, get some hand cream or just go wash your hands if you start experiencing any pain due to that.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Give it a day or so and give it a little break, get some kind of moisturiser or hand cream for it, as that is helpful.

I play guitar and on pad, so like all 4 fingers plus my thumb on my left hand have a thick rock solid callus on the tips, and my right thumb has the same. Something that helps is making sure your fingers/thumb isnt too dry when playing on the pad so it causes friction and becomes painful, get some hand cream or just go wash your hands if you start experiencing any pain due to that.
wouldn't the lotion make my slip off my pad? Lol.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, so you ARE playing Kabal...yeah, that'd probably do the trick.
I still have a hard time getting his tricks in motion without my hand getting sore ;_;.
play is an overstatement. sitting in training mode trying to do dash cancel is more accurate.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
wouldn't the lotion make my slip off my pad? Lol.

It will help you with any tension/friction that is causing the pain in your thumbs.

Last week i spent half hour playing a mission in KOF13 before my left thumb started hurting and i couldnt execute the motions as easily as usual. Got some hand cream on there and hit the combo like second time, and consistantly from that point on, it was definitely having stiff/dry fingers that causes them to hurt.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
You on MK now?

Why did my goldfinger vid get removed, It went so well with the thread lol
have we played together in the past? I seen so many C88 on injustice ranked. I just picked up MK9 yesterday from my buddy to let me borrow and see if I like the game, so far I love it compared to injustice, but Injustice is newer so it'll probably have a longer life. I just wish Injustice had characters I was interested in like, Robin, Beast Boy, or Starfire. The cast is so meh to me.