What's new

Any new Fighting Game IP's on the horizon?

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Anyone else sort of craving some brand new fighting game IP's for next-gen? I know we have some potential awesome iterations of sequels to expect in 2014 but man, sometimes it feels like more of the same.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Inb4 "herp derp Killer Instinct just came out"

-When you think about it, how much reinventing of the wheel can be done without making a fighting game..well..not a fighting game? You're talking specifically about games that aren't already running right? What about something like Street Fighter 5 or the unicorn known as Tekken x Street Fighter?

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Apparently, Capcom is working on a brand new fighting game.

But, you know, Cashcom...

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Inb4 "herp derp Killer Instinct just came out"

-When you think about it, how much reinventing of the wheel can be done without making a fighting game..well..not a fighting game? You're talking specifically about games that aren't already running right? What about something like Street Fighter 5 or the unicorn known as Tekken x Street Fighter?
I think something like Street Fighter 5 or the fabled cross over game is kinda heading in that direction, sure. What I was alluding to more though was actual brand new IP's (like Skullgirls) that aren't sequels or pre-existing series. I dunno, I just see how cool it is to have the blending of communities with Injustice and wonder what it'd be like to see a brand new game series generate some hype. KI is kinda doing this but, it's got some serious drawbacks in being a console exclusive as well as a "pay as you go / work-in-progress" type of model.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Anyone else sort of craving some brand new fighting game IP's for next-gen? I know we have some potential awesome iterations of sequels to expect in 2014 but man, sometimes it feels like more of the same.
Capcom said that in 2014 they have some announcement planned to re-solidify their position in the fighting genre. Whether that's sequel's or not who knows.

I'd say maybe Marvel will do something new as a guess, just because it seems they've rescinded all their game licenses, but that could be because the price has gone up.

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
Been thinking about this myself the past couple of months. There isn't a fighting game that I feel I want to invest in and learn everything about. I have no interest in SF or MvC. I tried Tekken Tag 2 but that's extremely overwhelming for a newbie (loved playing them as a kid though !), plus I wasn't motivated to even learn it. I'd probably love a Marvel only fighting game.

I'm stuck with MK and Injustice until MK10.